1.    #1  
    I'm considering selling my MDA and want to be ready so I obtained an unlocking code from T-Mobile. I have never unlocked a phone before, so I'd appreciate some advice. I thought all I'd have to do enter a code and the phone would then be unlocked, even while I'm still with T-M, but this appears be more complicated.

According to a T-M rep I spoke to, I can unlock the device by placing a non-TM SIM and entering the code. If I just borrowed a Cingular card, for instance, and entered the code, could I then re-insert my T-M card and still have an unlocked phone forever after? Or, (I'm not interested in an unlocking service) are there other options for unlocking my phone using this code? Thank you.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    There are two ways to permanently unlock your device. There is an OS(?) independent keystroke combination involving the code T-Mobile gave you, and the second is the way T-Mobile told you. The subsidy unlock is a device side lock, any changes to that reside on the device, not the SIM.