Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I am currently using an unlocked Treo650 with Medianet Unlimited in the San Francisco Bay Area. If I bought a phone or PC card which is HSDPA capable would simply installing my current SIM card in the new device give me HSDPA access (providing of course HSDPA is available in my area)?
    No, the phone needs a HSPDA compatible radio.... Just like you couldn't get EDGE with a 600.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    I see that I was unclear. I would swap my working SIM from my Treo into the HSDPA device. Could I use my existing account/SIM and get HSDPA access?
    Yes, as far as I understand, there is no additional charge/feature/etc for HSPDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    I see that I was unclear. I would swap my working SIM from my Treo into the HSDPA device. Could I use my existing account/SIM and get HSDPA access?
    I'm not so sure this will work. When I recently upgraded my phone, Cingular sent me a new SIM card that has '3G' written on it. I assume this to mean that it supports the newer, faster 3G HSDPA/UMTS data connection. I don't use the new SIM because my old SIM works fine. I also don't have a 3G compatible device to try it out. Just may want to call Cingular and ask.