1.    #1  
    I've been reading some other threads about unlocking the T650. I used the *#*#8digit# method and it said my SIM was now unlocked. But then, out of curiosity, I tried it again with a different combination of numbers from my IMEI and it too worked. Is that possible? Can the phone be unlocked with multiple codes or only one? If so, how do I know which one is the right one? (I don't have another SIM card)

your phone isnt unlocked by doing that.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    For the 650, you need to get a unique unlock code for your device. I had bought my 650 from Cingular. I called them and said I was going out of the country and needed to get my phone unlocked. Within 2 days, they emailed me the unlock code for my phone with instructions.

You can also buy this service online for $20+ (see google).
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    By the way, you only have 4 or 5 chances to get this code entered correctly.
    After that, the phone supposedly is hard-locked and can't be unlocked.

Also, any code you enter will give you the message that it is unlocked.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    The "unlocked" pop-up that is displayed on entering random numbers or
    combination of the IMEI number is there just to fool you, or it could be
    due to some lazy programming.
    I actually called in today because I was having some problems receiving MMS messages on my 650. While I had the tech support person on the line, I asked if she could unlock my phone, as I'll be going to Europe in September. I spent half of May in Europe and the roaming fees were horrible.

She said "sure, as long as you've had the account for 90 days, we can do that". 5 minutes later (after she walked me through retreiving the IMEI from the phone and entering the codes), we'd completed the process and my Treo is unlocked.

You just have to get the right person from tech support.