Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'm wondering if there's something odd going on with my Treo 650. I have an unlocked AT&T Treo 650 and it seems to be running fine on Cingular. The part that worries me is the EDGE data speeds are pretty poor at times. Sometimes I'll get over 100kbps and other times it'll be 20-30kbps, based on the mobile speed test @ dslreports. Could I be using an old AT&T tower? The screen says Cingular, should it say Cingular Wireless if I'm on a Cingular orange tower? Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Joe
    Joe, Are you using the network hack to view and change towers?
    I have found that when I'm at home, there are two towers (one Cingular Orange, and one former T-Mobile) although both read as "Cingular"
    For whatever reason, the T-Mobile tower gets much better speed than the Cingular Orange.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I wasn't aware of that, so thanks. I installed it and I get two Cingular networks. I can't switch to the other one, so maybe that's the old AT&T (blue) network. I've been running some speed tests throughout the day, and they seem ok. Maybe it was just network congestion.

Joe