1.    #1  
    I know there are a lot of "how to unlock your Treo 650" threads, so I'll keep this short. I went through several rounds of phone calls with Cingular before I got the code.

Call Cingular's customer service and tell them you need to obtain the "subsidy unlock code" for your phone. Unless you're incredibly lucky, the CS rep won't know what you're talking about, which is fine. Be nice and polite, but tell them that you know you need to speak to the International Care department, and that they are the only department that can get you this code.

If/when you get connected to International Care, they'll verify that you've had the phone for more than 90 days. If you have, give them the phone's IMEI (located underneath the battery, or dial *#06# when not on a call). They should be able to provide you the code on the spot, although they still may need to e-mail it to you in 24-48 hours. In my case, they provided it on the spot.

Then dial *#*#xxxxxxxx# and Dial, where xxxxxxxx is the 8-digit unlock code that Cingular provides.

That's it; unlocked phone ready to accept any carrier's SIM. Happy Treo-ing!
    Last edited by cshbell; 05/24/2006 at 09:30 PM.
    This is "standard operating procedure" based upon my own experience and all the threads I have seen ... as long as account in good standing for 90 days....mine got done 1st time thru....CSR immediately knew what I was talking about when I asked to have it "unlocked".

My only problem is that they normally send the code via e-mail (so you have it written down) and they used a dash (-) instead of an underscore (_) in my e-mail address so I had to call back and they forwarded it from the "dash" address to the "underscrore" address....she stayed on line "just in case" and we went thru it togther.

My guess is cause you wanted it done imemdiately, they had to transfer you. I think normally the regular CSR sends a request to that department and they issue the e-mail. They said w/i 24 hours but the e-mail was dated / tiem stamped about 100 minutes after my call.

Of course if you CNB and not CNG, it ain't happenin.
    I just got my Cingular 650 unlocked through Cingular customer service. I just told them I was going to Italy for vacation and wanted to use my Treo there. I played dumb and said I needed some code to make my phone work there. Gave them the IMEI and got an email within 2 days with instructions and code.

I actually plan on selling it once I move to Sprint on the 700p. Unlocked = more money
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    What's the number, I have been wanting to do this, but couldn't find any info.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle
    What's the number, I have been wanting to do this, but couldn't find any info.
    Dial *611 from your Cingular phone or 800-331-0500 from any phone.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer