Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    I am driving along checking my email on my Treo 600 today and it had trouble "signing on". so I switched to the phone app and looked at the signal strength and noticed there were no bars and "SOS only" which isn't unusual in that particular stretch of road for me. About 30 seconds go past and the phone goes back to 4 bars ... but says AT&T wireless for service???

I have never had the old AT&T wireless pre-merger, and I had heard that they were talking about changing the name of Cingular to AT&T Wireless, but I didn't think they were doing that yet, anybody else have this happen?

It has stayed on AT&T Wireless and not gone back to Cingular all day.
    Quote Originally Posted by noahas
    I am driving along checking my email on my Treo 600 today and it had trouble "signing on". so I switched to the phone app and looked at the signal strength and noticed there were no bars and "SOS only" which isn't unusual in that particular stretch of road for me. About 30 seconds go past and the phone goes back to 4 bars ... but says AT&T wireless for service???

I have never had the old AT&T wireless pre-merger, and I had heard that they were talking about changing the name of Cingular to AT&T Wireless, but I didn't think they were doing that yet, anybody else have this happen?

It has stayed on AT&T Wireless and not gone back to Cingular all day.
    Could be...chenck out the link...http://news.digitaltrends.com/article10286.html
    at&t iPhone3G
    i just looked at the phone i'm currently using (sony ericsson z500a) and it still says Cingular. I even turned it off and back on. I dunno whats up with yours.
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Where were you at when this happened?
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thnikstr
    Where were you at when this happened?
    Which answer are you looking for?

1) My car
    2) Route 83
    3) North of Chicago about 30 miles

???
    After the recent merger, they are dropping the Cingular brand and going back to AT&T

See http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=113443
    shouldn't be that quickly though. really too bad imo. I like Cingular better.
    Is it a possibility that in that area Cingular sold their towers and are just operating off of AT&T towers now?
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Global Posts
    289 Global Posts
    For whatever it is worth, my phone now shows Cingular again.
    It's a merger and aquisitions musical chairs kinds thing. Broke up the phone company so now thay cann all merge and get back together again.

Imdon't recall all the correct player names but something like Cingular bought AT&T wireless or a controlling stake some 2 years ago.....Bell South or something owned rest.....now AT&T merged with them and ...ah I can't remember