1.    #1  
    Hi - i'm new to this board and looking for some advice. I have just won a Treo 700 from my company for a sales incentive. I am looking to get it activated for internet/email only purposes. I do not want to use it for phone calls as I plan to stick with my regular cell phone. I have never owned a Treo before so i'm not exactly sure how the plans work. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to get a plan that will allow me to access my Outlook email and Excel files along with internet access without a voice plan? I would probably need unlimited usage.

2) Who provides the best/cheapest service if this is possible? I know my current provider (Verizon) has rather expensive plans. I was hoping that the service that I am looking for will only cost around $20/month since I already pay $60/month for my voice plan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    First, we need more details about the Treo:

If they already bought it, I'm assuming it's a 700W (Windows based OS not Palm based OS) as it is the only 700 series already out. (The palm based 700 has just been announced.) If that's the case, then the phone is from Verizon and would need to be used on Verizon's network.

If they haven't bought it yet and will buy it from you and if you are able to wait, you could get a Palm based 700P in the next few weeks.

Either way, none of the 700 phones are GSM right now, they are all CDMA and you could probably get a better answer to this question in the CDMA forum.
    Trust me, I'm a producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtd125
    Hi - i'm new to this board and looking for some advice. I have just won a Treo 700 from my company for a sales incentive. I am looking to get it activated for internet/email only purposes. I do not want to use it for phone calls as I plan to stick with my regular cell phone. I have never owned a Treo before so i'm not exactly sure how the plans work. Two questions:

1) Is it possible to get a plan that will allow me to access my Outlook email and Excel files along with internet access without a voice plan? I would probably need unlimited usage.

2) Who provides the best/cheapest service if this is possible? I know my current provider (Verizon) has rather expensive plans. I was hoping that the service that I am looking for will only cost around $20/month since I already pay $60/month for my voice plan.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    I would suggest Sprint SERO for 30/month. This is a 500minute voice plan and gives you unlimited Internet access (Unlimited Power Vision). Do a search in the forum for SERO and you will learn more than you ever wanted to know.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer