Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    This is weird.

Cingular -- Northern California.

I never received my April bill.

Today in the mail I got 2 Cingular bills (April and May). The April bill looked fairly normal, but the May bill shows a $450+ charge for wireless internet usage. Looks like they screwed up and billed me for wireless internet (even though I've had an unlimited plan for over 2 years now...)

Anyone else get zapped like this?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    On the phone with CSR right now -- it looks like the problem is that, though my WIX plan "name" is the same, the features it offers have changed. Fortunately, I printed out a copy of the plan when I signed up for it, so I have proof of what it was (Feb 2005 Media Works: $19.95 with 1500 text, 200 MMS, and unlimited wireless internet). Also, the CSR has reviewed my older bills and agrees that the features on the media works plan seem to have been changed w/o my authorization.

They are having trouble reversing the charges immediately, and said it may take up to two weeks(!) to get a credit and my old plan back...

I'd advise anyone out there with an older Media Works plan to check their April / May bills carefully, in case they did a switcharoo on you.
    Ouch! That's pretty harsh. Right when I'm looking into getting a data plan I run across this horror story. I hope this is resolved for you soon.
    How about multiplying that by 10?

I got hit with a 6K bill in April!!!

A call to Cingular service and about 15 minutes on the phone had it straightened out (I'd been dropped from my Media Unlimited plan for some reason). The lesson I learned was be calm, even in good humor as you talk through the issue. The three reps I worked with (as I worked up the billing chain) were excellent and kept commenting on how there were multiple notations on the issue of how understanding I was.

My only problem was when I called in to check the status of the account correction one morning and got THE worst tier-one rep. He was surly, argumentative, and completely the opposite of the the three female reps I talk with. Hrrmmm.... maybe that's the difference!
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Xochi
    This is weird.

Cingular -- Northern California.

I never received my April bill.

Today in the mail I got 2 Cingular bills (April and May). The April bill looked fairly normal, but the May bill shows a $450+ charge for wireless internet usage. Looks like they screwed up and billed me for wireless internet (even though I've had an unlimited plan for over 2 years now...)

Anyone else get zapped like this?
    Ouch...
    at&t iPhone3G
    I've had that happen to me twice recently.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.