1.    #1  
    I know that there have been a million discussions about Media Net, but what the heck one more won't hurt! I used to have the Media Net Unlimited plan for $19 on my Cingular 650, and I regularily use about 80 Mb / month. I had 2 other 'family talk' phones on my account, but I needed to add another 4 - which takes me out of the consumer plans and into business plans.

We migrated the account to business services, supposedly kept all the services the same and everyone was happy... That is until I got the first non-prorated bill. Cingular dropped the Media Net on my phone and I got hit with a data bill for $978! After regaining my composure I called Cingular up, explained how the account had been migrated, how services were supposed to remain the same, and how they had dropped the ball.

It took a supervisor to issue me a credit to remove the incredible data charges (because the charge was so high), but then the regular CSR put the $19 / month Unlimited data plan back on my account. Without hesitation. So I guess the plan is alive and well!

Dunc
    The data plan has never gone anywhere..
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    That's what happened to me. I switched over to my company's employee discount plan with Cingular (not a hell of difference in terms of $$$, believe me), and my previous $19/mo. unlimited Media Net did not transfer over---unbeknownst to me. The next bill I received was for more than $100! I was pissed. I am currently signed up for 5 MB a month. Big woop.
  4.    #4  
    I can't imagine being tied to a 5Mb plan! I'd be broke in no time, I consistenly use 70 - 80 Mb / month.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    I can't imagine being tied to a 5Mb plan! I'd be broke in no time, I consistenly use 70 - 80 Mb / month.

Dunc
    I'm not a "power user."
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeFarm
    They took away my media net and gave me some new PDAuTlmIDnkciksoiKJoiHGHoijsol plan for 40 bucks a month on top of my 60 service plan. Yikes.

I asked what happend but the CSR told me that the Media Net would be really slow on a treo so I stuck with the new deal.

I just feel like the little orange boucny bends me over the counter every time I walk in the door.

When I went in to the store to get a repacemet for the Treo I lost I asked for the upgrade discount the CSR promised me and was told that I would only get 50% of it since it would not be available for three more months. I asked the guy to call CS but he said he did not have to because he could read the screen . When I pressed the issue he told me I should try to find a deal on Ebay.

That bit of advice spun me up into a mode of hacked off I was not prepared for so I went outside to cool down. Later when I tried to work it out with CSR I found out the jerk had annotated my account saying I had kicked his door. Now, I'm thinking about kicking a lot more than that.

Cingular want's $300 for a divorce and I'm starting to think it might be a bargan.

I asked the CSR to ask her manager if she could give me the deal on the upgrad that I was promised after she told me "you are not going to get that sir". She came back on the line and told me that If I would fax in the info on the replacement I had to buy today she would give me the full discount but when I asked for the fax number she hung up on me.

Good grief.

Watch the San Antonio Police blotter for more on this story.
    Get a fscking grip. I saw an ***** like you at a Cingular store once, throwing a little hissy fit over something or another.. He said "oh, my phone ain't broke? It's fine? FINE!" or something along those lines and threw it at the front window of the store. One of the pieces hit a 2-3 year old girl, which didn't hurt her but scared her to death.

She was still crying when the police hauled Mr Dipsh|t off.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Shure, whatever Felicano,

hehe, thanks for the card.

DUH!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Get a fscking grip. I saw an ***** like you at a Cingular store once, throwing a little hissy fit over something or another.. He said "oh, my phone ain't broke? It's fine? FINE!" or something along those lines and threw it at the front window of the store. One of the pieces hit a 2-3 year old girl, which didn't hurt her but scared her to death.

She was still crying when the police hauled Mr Dipsh|t off.
    I saw an ***** like you too. He was a cingular employee trolling a website and got really mad when he was called on his lies.

Sheesh, what a baby.
    No, I'm not a Cingular employee, I'm in software development and testing, but thanks for playing..
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    No, I'm not a Cingular employee, I'm in software development and testing, but thanks for playing..
    You might be in test but development requires attention to detail and an IQ above eighty.

Sorry.