Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey GSM people what's your plan regarding the 700P ? I'm kinda locked into 4- 2 year contracts with cingular . I sure would like to play with the new treo Any cool ideas ?
    Wait until they come out with a GSM version?
    Palm IIIxe > Palm Vx > Tungsten T|3 > Unlocked Cingular Treo 650 on T-Mo

Favorite Apps: zLauncher (To run apps from SD card), Butler (MUST HAVE), Pocket Quicken, TCPMP, Profiles (Smarter than the Silent Mode switch on the top), MiniTones (to assign Mp3 Ringtones), SplashID, pTunes, VoicePad & NotePad (from a Lifedrive), HS Extension 2.0 Hack, TreoNaviText.
    I am done with my contract and have been waiting to see what the "new" thing is. I just don't hear good things about Sprint in my area and Verizon is a pack of gangster criminals with their plans. What's a GSMer to do?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    This GSMer here is going to continue to enjoy my Cingular 8125. The 700p doesn't excite me at all. The only thing extra is EVDO which means very little to me considering I have WiFi access (which is faster) on my 8125 90% of the time. Big deal on the memory - I never had a problem with memory on my Treo - that's what the SD card is for. I hope for everyone's sake the BT1.2 is much better than it was on the 650. Not worth switching over to CDMA. It's going to take quite a release on Palm's part for their GSM phone to get me to drop the 8125.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    I'm waiting for the GSM 700p that, hopefully, has UMTS/HSDPA support.

Joe
    waiting it out!... hope it's in before october.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Too bad Palm couldn't give us a slightly smaller form factor with this new 700p. It will be interesting what Apple comes up with.
    Waiting for Sprint and Nextel to become Sprintel and share their Direct Connect Network, and get a Treo that supports it. I've been on ATT since sophmore year in high school (now finishing my sophmore year in college) and I'm done with them.
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    I am currently running a Cingular branded Treo 600 on Tmobile. I plan to look into the prospect of the Treo 700 or similar (Hollywood? for the international crowd..I love GSM) unit first (there was also talk of an entry level Treo..but will probably not be up to par for me). That will probably be more than I want to pay for an upgrade. I will then look at a 700p, I am told Cingular will have them in the summer. If still an expensive upgrade a 650 from ebay...hopefully from someone trying to dump old stock. Personally I cannot see spending big $ for a high res screen and Bluetooth. My 600 can do every thing I need it to now...but the low res screen is limiting some software selections. A better question for me would be how much is it worth to upgrade.

New unlocked Treo 700 $599 minus a used Treo 600 sold on ebay for $100 - $150 = too much to justify upgrade.
    I will wait w/ my 650, as long as it takes.
    (well, maybe)
    Just call me Berd.
    I like my 650 but will watch for the Hermes or E61 or Q or ....

In other words I am agnostic. If it works well I will buy it. I don't worship at the Church of Palm. Well, maybe a little.
    I'm waiting for the 700p, jumped the boat and got a kjam to hold me over though.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    My Cingular plan runs out in june my 600 is on it's last battery I know I will upgrade to the 700 it just depends on how much cingular will charge
    I have spoken to two "major account representatives" in the last month with regard to signing up 2500+ users. Anotehr forum user echoed my experience. When inquiring about the 700p, both have told me that "at this point, Cingular does not plan to carry the 700p or the 700w but will be definitely releasing a new Treo in 3rd quarter."

I'm thinking we will see two new Treos on GSM this year....a $750-$900 model and a $399-$499 model to compete with the Q and stuff.
    That would be intresting. I just can't bring myself to jump ship yet. But the MDA is looking pretty nice especially since Palm chosses not to disclose very much info regarding future models. I want my GSM Treo 700P/800P NOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    Waiting for Sprint and Nextel to become Sprintel and share their Direct Connect Network, and get a Treo that supports it. I've been on ATT since sophmore year in high school (now finishing my sophmore year in college) and I'm done with them.
    They will never become Sprintel...Sprint is the front runner in this merger and it is Sprints show. CDMA will eventually do away with IDEN in the future. You will have to get used to Sprint's version of ready link which sucks in comparison IDEN direct connect network, unless Sprint has plans on improving these options, which I am sure they will.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart
    They will never become Sprintel...Sprint is the front runner in this merger and it is Sprints show. CDMA will eventually do away with IDEN in the future. You will have to get used to Sprint's version of ready link which sucks in comparison IDEN direct connect network, unless Sprint has plans on improving these options, which I am sure they will.
    So do you see it becoming one concept for direct connect accross the boards? Does the sprint 2 way work with treo 650/700's??
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    So do you see it becoming one concept for direct connect accross the boards? Does the sprint 2 way work with treo 650/700's??
    It will be one concept across the boards in its final phase. As to 2 way being able to work with treo 650 or 700's...that I don't know, and if I said anything, it would only be speculation.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Wait patiently and eat bon-bons.

Too lazy to learn something other than Palm
    Too much money in software
    Too much international travel to consider CDMA
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    wait until contract's over than T-Mo SDA...definitely WM ...i know I don't want to but I m a broken college kid..no money to spend on other POS treo's...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast