Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello,

Do you know if the GPS system for mobile phones called Nav4All is supported in the US?
    Thanks
    Hey,

Man it is very good. You can even use it as navigation for can. And it is talking. )
    Just download it and try it. It is free.
    both 1 posters???? Explain this Nav4all..
    It looks like it's a [for now] free software package which supports mapping and GPS "stuff" over a bluetooth interface.

http://www.nav4all.com/site2/www.nav.../eng/index.php

It appears to be updated daily at no extra cost and capable of worldwide use. Think of it as the GPS suite available through Palm, just without the hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    It looks like it's a [for now] free software package which supports mapping and GPS "stuff" over a bluetooth interface.

http://www.nav4all.com/site2/www.nav.../eng/index.php

It appears to be updated daily at no extra cost and capable of worldwide use. Think of it as the GPS suite available through Palm, just without the hardware.
    So AFTER you buy a GPS unit, you can use this?
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Has anyone even been able to test this? I download it, it starts and then it just hangs on a black screen that says "Starting".

Jason
  7.    #7  
    It is good.......we all agree I belive...but how much internet it spends per km.....this is the question.....
    Hello,

I have a question about nav4all. Can I use in forest. I know that some GPS have problems with such a use
  9.    #9  
    it works in forests for sure, i tried it already
    Do you know if Nav4all spends a lot of battery of the mobile phone?
  11.    #11  
    i think it spends less than other gps but also depends how long u use it
    Practically identical posts by the same two people on 1src... it's spam. They're "advertising" the app by forum spam. Great way to kill any interest I could ever have.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Ok, thanks for the info. I have another question. Do you know if the signal is good enough?
  14.    #14  
    Do you know if it work with samsung D600?
    I don't know if it works on this phone, but a friend of mine told me the the sound is not good. So you better ask someone else as well before geting it..
    Hey you two, does it work in and around antartica? Or Timbuktu?
    Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Does anyone know if it works on a train? or on a plane? or in a box? or with a fox?
    Pilot 512 >PPilot Pro > PalmV > Tungsten T > T3> Treo 650 Cingular
    How about on a boat? In a sub? Does it have marine database also?
    I don't know man, I think in a box wont work hehehe
    What I am asking stupid questions, but I needed a proof coz, I had a bet with my brother. He is crazy about this thing, but I don't think is that good. He is yeah it work everywhere, but apperantly, you as I do don't think like that
    Quote Originally Posted by anna_simpson_01
    I don't know man, I think in a box wont work hehehe
    What I am asking stupid questions, but I needed a proof coz, I had a bet with my brother. He is crazy about this thing, but I don't think is that good. He is yeah it work everywhere, but apperantly, you as I do don't think like that

Please do not take this the wrong way, but what country are you from?

As far as all of the other posts about battery life and stuff. This application is just another piece of software. You should be more concerned about how much battery the actual bluetooth GPS device is taking up rather than this application. All this application does is take raw data from the GPS unit (which is not bundled with the software) and display it as coherent data (e.g. a map). The signal is not dependent on this application. The signal is dependent on the hardware you choose to use with it. The actual maps are simply databases stored within the device itself. This is actually a good application, you can save a lot of money this way. When you go to Best Buy or CompUSA or wherever it is you go, and buy a GPS unit, all you are really paying for is the mapping software. You can find a bluetooth GPS unit for around $140 (last time I checked).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast