Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks for the info mate. My high-tech knowledge is not the best one it seems So yeah, the things you are saying make sense. But anyhow do you know if the software is good and more importantly is it harmless for my phone?
    GOOD GOD STOP THE SPAM.. Please, someone close this thread!!
    I enjoy the spam, it's a nice way to relax after a long day.

Well of course the software is good, it's never software's fault, if something goes wrong, you should always assume it's a hardware problem until printf's prove otherwise. As far as being "harmless" for your phone... there is a reason that they are allowing users to test it for free. Chances are they are trying to iron out some [potentially hardware] issues which may or may not cause some unexpected result which in turn, may or may not cause your phone to go into a Reboot Loop of Death (hereby dubbed RLOD)

It's just Java.. Requires JVM, etc, unless I'm mistaken. I doubt it'll cause any reset loops unless the JVM is pretty poorly written.

I personally won't use the JVM, it's too huge to stick in ram, and it takes too long to run in and of the SD card with ZLauncher.
    Didn't know that it was Java. I didn't think you could install the JVM onto the SD card... I was under the impression that it had to reside in RAM because it has to run in the background. Doesn't MobiTV use the JVM too? I remember it showing up in the applet manager...

Do you think that it may be harmfull for the phone? I mean if I instal it I don't see a reasong why I can uninstal it if I don't like it..... correct or it is possible to make it impossible.?
    Anna, do you sell stuff on Ebay? Same language. Wierd!
    Yes, it will install highly explosive charges which will detonate upon the arrival of a call. If you install it, your phone will leave a small, elephant sized crater in your immediate area and possibly cause mild burns on your skin.

*Flashback resulting from the language thing*

They set up us the bomb!
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Thanks for the info I think I will pass. But just for the record do you know how much data does it consume lets say per 100km?
    Quote Originally Posted by anna_simpson_01
    Thanks for the info do you know how much data does it consume lets say per 100km?
    Boy! Tough one.
    But it would be reasonable to assume about 1 million "bites" per 100km.
    I think you mean bits... 975 KB for something like this seems a lot. I think data is used minimally in this application. I would say a million bits or 120 KB seems reasonable.

So do you know eventualy how much of my internet trafic will be gone if I start using it?
    How much do you want to use it?
    I mean how often do you use a GPS anyway? If you are in your native town/neighbourhood, you will not use it for weeks, until that one or two sporadic occassions when you cant find an address or two. No big deal.
    I would like to use while I am traveling with my friends. We love going to some distant villages, so it is handy to have it with us.

Buy the Garmin 496.
    Thanks for the infoл
    Is it very good. And how expensive is it?
    I need something not very expensive
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    .........You can find a bluetooth GPS unit for around $140 (last time I checked).
    There are a dozen HOLUX 236 devices on eBay, one with a "Buy Now" price of $65- plus $30 S&H. On the other hand, there is one where the bid is $5.52 plus $25- and it closes in less than 2 hrs.

I consider the HOLUX to be a bench mark device and you should not have to pay more than $100- all in. You might get lucky.
    Thanks for the tip, now I'm ready to buy

I've been looking at GPS devices for a bit now, but couldn't justify their price. But if it's within a $100...that I can justify.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    Thanks for the tip, now I'm ready to buy

I've been looking at GPS devices for a bit now, but couldn't justify their price. But if it's within a $100...that I can justify.
    If you do not own a PDA, you are looking at $600 for a GPS. If you have a PDA, then you can have a GPS for less than $250-. Said another way, for $250- one can add $600 worth of value to one's PDA. I think that is called "a no-brainer."
  20.    #40  
    I have problems using it out of big cities. It doesn't have up to date maps. Can you help me on this?
    thanks
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast