1.    #1  
    I got crushed (I believe unfairly) this month on my Cingular bill. I use the ask for minutes text message feature to keep track of my minutes each month, and somehow I must have received bad information. Boom: my normally $80 bill went up to $500!

Has anyone had a similar experience or had any luck with Cingular in similar circumstances?

Thanks.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I have gotten a $1300 bill from Cingular. The pay-per-use (PPU) code was on my account so even though I had an unlimited data plan I was still charged.

Maybe this is what happened to your account.

BTW it took several calls and some waiting but they eventually credited my account for the overages.

HTH
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Give us so more information. what were the overage charges for? What's your regular plan like?
    I have been overcharged for data use on my Cingular plan. One phone call to a customer service rep cleared it up.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  5.    #5  
    I wasn't overcharged for data, just for phone at $0.45/minute (yikes!).

Beyond misreporting my minutes to me via text, I'm not sure Cingular did anything wrong per se. I've been a long time customer with them so do you guys think the text message error they sent me is enough to go back to them and ask them to cut me some slack this one time??

Thanks!
    Off to iPhone land...
    Let them know that you relied on their networks to let you know how many minutes you've got left and it is due to their network services that made you think that you had plenty of minutes left to spare. Their network provided inaccurate information.

If the CSR doesn't want to help you out, speak to a supe. Maybe they'll be willing to split the cost with you (50% credit).
    my FIRST day on media net was not activated. I ended up using 60 dollars worth of internet(streaming radio was the coolest thing ever). They credited me and all was well. I LOVE CINGULAR
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    I got crushed (I believe unfairly) this month on my Cingular bill. I use the ask for minutes text message feature to keep track of my minutes each month, and somehow I must have received bad information. Boom: my normally $80 bill went up to $500!

Has anyone had a similar experience or had any luck with Cingular in similar circumstances?

Thanks.
    So what you're claiming is that it is Cingular's fault you went over your minutes by NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE MINUTES and didn't notice.

Uh huh.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    So what you're claiming is that it is Cingular's fault you went over your minutes by NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY THREE MINUTES and didn't notice.

Uh huh.
    I have to agree with khaytsus on this one. Unless you are out of contract and able to make the threat of switching carriers, you are going to be hard pressed for them to help you out. I have had huge bills from Cingular in the past, but they were truly due to their mistakes and it took me several calls just to get them to correct their own mistakes.

You might try asking them to switch you to a higher usage plan and retro it back a month. I wish you luck.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    No need to worry I am an agent for cingular, there are problems as with any company when it comes to having a computer generate your bill. If you have saved the text messages from the times you have checked your minutes and there is not the equivalent of the overage in minutes used between then and the bill date you are in the clear, if you have any questions let me know. I wonder if anyone will notice that I have mentioned that I own a 700 how is that possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by theradioinside
    No need to worry I am an agent for cingular, there are problems as with any company when it comes to having a computer generate your bill. If you have saved the text messages from the times you have checked your minutes and there is not the equivalent of the overage in minutes used between then and the bill date you are in the clear, if you have any questions let me know. I wonder if anyone will notice that I have mentioned that I own a 700 how is that possible?
    lol... either you somehow got a hold of a 700 with a sim card, or (which to be quite honest, is more likely, though not my opinion as I could care less either way) you could just be full of it. I mean like 90% (give or take) of people who say "yeah, i work at such and such" don't really have that position. Hey, its the internet... you can say whatever you want, and you can be whomever you want.
    Details........ I finally caught the hint.......
    Actually I am admitting my guilt of having another carrier's service, hehehehe, I suppose that when I demo a phone I should not be pulling one out that says Verizon, for some reason my boss frowns on that. The things you will do for a Treo.
    I own a 700 how is that possible?
    If you admit it now, why not then??? "how is it possible"?? HHMMMM????
    Sorry i just thought that the people here would get a kick out of what someone will do to get the phone you like.
  16.    #16  
    No need to worry I am an agent for cingular, there are problems as with any company when it comes to having a computer generate your bill. If you have saved the text messages from the times you have checked your minutes and there is not the equivalent of the overage in minutes used between then and the bill date you are in the clear, if you have any questions let me know.
    Thanks for the support and guidance everyone. Definitely one of the best things about treocentral discussion boards is being able to commiserate with fell Treo people

Unfortunately I deleted the text messages. But, I am out of contract. I have been a Cingular customer for almost four years now. I like the service, in general, but $500 is $500.

Is threatening to switch really a good option? Should I immediately ask for a supervisor before I make such a threat?

Thanks.
    Off to iPhone land...
  17.    #17  
    Happy ending to report. Although not ideal, feell this is fair given the available evidence and circumstances.

I was elevated past the CSR to the supervisor then elevated again to a third person and was offered the following:

a) 50% off the Usage charges (roughly a reduction in my bill of $180); or

b) Offer to retroactively have the 1350 anytime minute plan instated and just pay the difference between it and my current plan (which comes to roughly $33 more than what I would have paid that month).

Hmmm being out $33 vs. $400...a tough call.

The catch is that I need to sign a 11 month contract. But I can still change the type of plan I have with Cingular, and I'm also still eligible for an equip upgrade even while in contract.

All-in-all feel like the situation was handled well and turned out fairly.

Thanks to all for ideas and suggestions.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I just got a $600 bill today ($500 for wireless internet, even though I have an unlimited plan): http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=114357