Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Anyone been experiencing problems with T-Mobile Internet in the Boston metro area? The last few days, I've been intermittently getting into a state where I can ping the network and dns, but can't browse most websites and chatter email keeps trying to connect unsuccessfully and no email gets through. The situation resolves after awhile.
    Quote Originally Posted by rfg17
    Anyone been experiencing problems with T-Mobile Internet in the Boston metro area? The last few days, I've been intermittently getting into a state where I can ping the network and dns, but can't browse most websites and chatter email keeps trying to connect unsuccessfully and no email gets through. The situation resolves after awhile.
    This has been an issue here in Atlanta as well for a month or so now...it sometimes happens after coming out of a phone call, and rather frequently happens in the middle of the night. "Bouncing" the phone (turn phone off, leave it off for a few seconds, and turn it back on) almost always clears the problem for me.

There has been some indication on other forums that there's a similar issue with other HTC-based devices (i.e., the MDA and SDA) and that if you have an older SIM, that a new SIM may help with data problems, but no one has yet confirmed that it helps with this specific issue on a Treo. I have a SIM from 2003 that I'm tempted to replace just to see if it fixes it...

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion. It happened again yesterday and I turned off the T650 for a minute, turned it back on and everything was fine.

Interestingly enough, when this happened, I was with my friend who has a T-Mo blackberry, and the same thing happened to her at the same time. So it seems like the behavior is definitely a T-Mo carrier problem.