1.    #1  
    See http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=110445 for the why but I am trying to find out what carrier frequency my Treo is using when it connects to the tower closest to my house. Anyone know how this might be accomplished with a CNG Treo 650. I tries talking to CSR's but all they will tell me is that they have both 850 and 1900, that every tower emits both and that my phone can use either.

I gotta think that I am either using a 850 signal or a 1900 carrier frequency depending upon availability but I certainly ain't talkin on both at the same time.
    Have you thought about asking Dan Rather?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Dang. Didn't think this would be sooo easy... If he says 1900, you'd know it's 850.
  4.    #4  
    First I'd have to get Rove to fabricate the material to send to Rather so he'd be ready and waiting to pounce and use one fictional piece of paper to destroy credibility of 40 pieces of paper....man is a genius.

But forgetting all that, anything that actually might result in a solution ? I'd rather not have to experiement by buying and mounting the antenna 50 feet in the air twice.