Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I live in NYC and have T-Mo's nationwide with no roaming charges. I've been traveling frequently to Jim Thorpe, PA where T-Mo's signal is mostly nonexistent. When I search for a network I can see Cingular, but (I guess) since there's no roaming agreement I can't connect. Can anyone suggest a way to stay connected in Jim Thorpe? I'd pay roaming fees if there's a way to arrange it.
    Coming outta college of 5 years in the Poconos of Pennsylvania, i know that signal is hard to come by with GSM networks. I never had a problem with CDMA (ahem excuse me Verizon... sprint was horrible i heard). With these phones there really is no way to change networks and have it work. I tried already to test with my tmobile service.
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Can anyone suggest the least expensive way to try out Cingular for a month to see if their signal will suit my needs? I know I could buy a pay as you go phone, but all I really want for now is a Cingular SIM card and service for one month (even a day would work). I'll swap my T-Mo card for the Cingular card when I'm in Jim Thorpe to see whose coverage is better. I didn't see the option to do this on Cingular's Web site or at my local Radio Shack store.