1.    #1  
    Hi - new to forum

1) cingular customer for almost 2 years. Perfect service with my nokia 6100 - never a dropped call, or static issues.
    2) switched to treo 650 in january 2006. dropped calls galore, high static calls, people can't hear me, i can't hear them.
    3) cs replaced phone 2X , sim 1X, and now on 3rd phone.
    4) cs switched me from old att network to cingular network (although i was never an att customer - when i got the new treo and new service, they did the unthinkable)
    5) service better, but still awful. any suggestions?

i want to cry over this somedays!
    Hate to tell you, but I don't believe you will find better service unless you switch smartphones or switch carriers. I have Cingular and the only time I had good service with my Treo is in areas with full signal strength. The phone on the GSM Treo is horrible. With any other phone Cingular has great service. My wife's RAZR gets great service everywhere and doesn't drop calls in areas of low signal. It also always has good sound quality. I have recently switched to the WM5 Cingular 8125 and haven't looked back. It is leaps and bounds better than the Treo in phone quality. For the rest of the functionality of the smartphone, it's a matter of preference. WM5 took some learning, but now that I am somewhat efficient, I like it much better! I hope for Palm's sake, they improve the phone functionality on future GSM Treos.
    I don't know what you guys are talking about!! I have a Cingular branded Treo 650 with the 1.20 ENA firmware and my phone works PERFECTLY. I had Verizon service 2 years ago and I only switched because of the treo and didn't expect the service to be as good as Verizons. However I have been pleasantly sureprised to have my phone work virtually everywhere I go (and i travel within and out of the country a lot). Also, Cingular is continuously putting up new towers and I know this first hand. I was in Mount Snow, VT last year and got NO reception. This year when I went, I had 4 bars!! On top of that the customer service has been superb. I wouldn't switch from Cingular no matter what now!
    I wasn't knocking Cingular's service - I think Cingular has really great coverage....now that I have a non-Treo phone. In areas of weak signal the Treo couldn't cut it at all. I went through 3 Treos and all of them had horrible reception. If everywhere you travel has full signal, then you're fine. Places I have to travel have Cingular coverage, just not full coverage and the Treo would break-up and drop calls. Not so with the 8125 or RAZR. You can also check out the "manual network selection hack" thread for instructions on being able to select the network with the best signal strength. This may help you too with reception.
    I have tested them all and still have two phones here on eastern LI. My treo gets better reception with acess in more areas than the Verizon phone and the verizon has in in vehicle booster.
    Quote Originally Posted by phattysalz
    Hate to tell you, but I don't believe you will find better service unless you switch smartphones or switch carriers. I have Cingular and the only time I had good service with my Treo is in areas with full signal strength. The phone on the GSM Treo is horrible. With any other phone Cingular has great service. My wife's RAZR gets great service everywhere and doesn't drop calls in areas of low signal. It also always has good sound quality. I have recently switched to the WM5 Cingular 8125 and haven't looked back. It is leaps and bounds better than the Treo in phone quality. For the rest of the functionality of the smartphone, it's a matter of preference. WM5 took some learning, but now that I am somewhat efficient, I like it much better! I hope for Palm's sake, they improve the phone functionality on future GSM Treos.

Cingular 8125 better? Tried that phone and could hardly hear the person in the earpiece - horrible - My cingular branded treo 650 is awesome - great call quality. Peace.
    Fred
    Cingular 680