Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got a new 650 from Cingular for $174.99. My company has a discount with them so I can get a 650 for $199.99 with $25 off that with no activation fee. The hitch was I needed to sign up for a 1000 minute plan at $33.99 and PDA Connect unlimited internet at $33.99. I had to pay sales tax of $17.60 but what the hell. Total out of pocket is $192.59

I'm currently getting 1000 minutes w/ T-Mo for $39.99 and T-zones Pro for $9.99. The T-zones Pro blocks ports so I couldn't use shoutcast w/ Pockettunes. The stories of T-Mo blocking the proxy and cutting off my web surfing was the thing that put me over the edge. Surfing still works, but I know that it's just a matter of time. I figure I can sell my old unlocked 600 for at least $100 on Ebay.

Great Job T-Mo! You're doing great job alienating all us Treo-Heads. If you offered me a way to get into a 650 or 700p inexpensively, I might have stayed.

To everything (churn churn churn) there is a season (churn churn churn)

:-)
    T-Zones has always been a "Limited" access. The full Unlimited plans don't have these issues. I think when comparing these data plans you need to keep it apples to apples. With the new pricing structure Tmo is more than the Cing plan 29.99 to 33.99. But for the past few years the unlimited plan was 19.99. Tmo has chosen not to sell the Treos but they will help you. I have talked with support many times about my Unlocked 650 and they have always helped me.

Just another opinion.
    Last edited by jamesgangut; 03/23/2006 at 06:02 PM.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    I know T-Zones was always limited, but now that they're starting to block the proxy, I'm finished. I need to surf and at the new rates any price advantage they had is gone.

I also had some coverage problems on a recent trip so that also figured in. My colleagues on Cingular had 4 bars. I had nothing.

I've been with them since I got my first Treo (a 180) back in July of '02
    What is the current T-Mobile internet cost?
    T-MobileWeb ($5.99)
    Search the mobile web, find directions to the places you want to go, get local, international and financial news, stock quotes, weather, sports, play online games, email, community chat and more, right at your fingertips anywhere you go.

HotSpot ($19.99) **Not a Treo plan**
    T-Mobile HotSpot provides unlimited high-speed wireless Internet access in public locations including Starbucks, Borders, FedEx Kinko's, and airports. HotSpot is not available on your T-Mobile phone. You must have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA to connect.

T-Mobile Total Internet ($29.99)
    T-Mobile Internet with Hotspot (Unlimited)

This is based on logging into a T-mobile account 3/23/06
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Tmobile Unlimited (without WiFi) is $19.95 I will not leave T-mo at all. They have the best rates and customer service.

EDGE runs a 120-180 kbps for me...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I don't think new subscribers can get that package. Those of us on it are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I don't think new subscribers can get that package. Those of us on it are fine.
    maybe... but if you change you "phone type" under settings, you get different options. I got rid of it and could not get it back via the web until I switched my phone to a motorola flip phone.....

Treo 600 used do not have the option of tzones either...
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Tmobile Unlimited (without WiFi) is $19.95 I will not leave T-mo at all. They have the best rates and customer service.

EDGE runs a 120-180 kbps for me...
    I agree. I use tmobile and above statements are true.

As this guy saying I am leaving tmobile because of blocked ports; how you compare 19.99 tmobile internet to 33.99 (if that is what u been offered on cingular)????
    Apart from deal on treo650 from cingular, you lost best customer service and best plans in US period. End of story.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    maybe... but if you change you "phone type" under settings, you get different options. I got rid of it and could not get it back via the web until I switched my phone to a motorola flip phone.....

Treo 600 used do not have the option of tzones either...
    Thats right. Also you can call them or stop by their stores and they can do it for you.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Which Moto flip phone? We were told by our T-Mobile rep that the unlimited plans as we have them are no longer avaliable. It is the Total plan or the Web plan. I was using my wife's account, she does not have a data plan currently. No matter what phone I choose the only avaliable option for unlimited internet is the Total plan for $29.99.

12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    I agree. I use tmobile and above statements are true.

As this guy saying I am leaving tmobile because of blocked ports; how you compare 19.99 tmobile internet to 33.99 (if that is what u been offered on cingular)????
    Apart from deal on treo650 from cingular, you lost best customer service and best plans in US period. End of story.
    Dude,

There is no $19.99 plan anymore. END OF STORY! If I need to exploit some bug in their online service provisioning system to get the mythical $19.99 service you're talking about, then I'd question just how good their customer service really is.

Bottom line is that T-Mo wants us to switch to their crappy Micro$osft MDA thing and I simply won't. I want an affordable upgrade to a Palm OS based product and I have no options with T-Mo.
    I don't see why your so pissed about the internet (not selling palm, sure) but you were never supposed to have all ports with tzones... that's why you guys had to use a proxy. I did too for a while but switched for evdo.

Your like ooohhhh no, they blocked the proxy! Well good for them, they finally... after what, 2 years plugged all their network holes that allowed people to pay for tzones and get the same access as the unlimited internet plan.

Lets say theres a gentlemens club that you pay to get into, but you find a hole in a wall to look in... you going to get pissed when they block the hole?
    Damn it! i'm pissed because i can't steal internet! lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    Which Moto flip phone? We were told by our T-Mobile rep that the unlimited plans as we have them are no longer avaliable. It is the Total plan or the Web plan. I was using my wife's account, she does not have a data plan currently. No matter what phone I choose the only avaliable option for unlimited internet is the Total plan for $29.99.
    you are right... 29.99 for unlimited internet. Tmobileweb works for email, verichat and web surfing, but no streaming. That option is availible if you switch to a different phone like mentioned above.

I am connected right now via tmobileweb... give it a shot!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by andrebsd
    I don't see why your so pissed about the internet (not selling palm, sure) but you were never supposed to have all ports with tzones... that's why you guys had to use a proxy. I did too for a while but switched for evdo.

Your like ooohhhh no, they blocked the proxy! Well good for them, they finally... after what, 2 years plugged all their network holes that allowed people to pay for tzones and get the same access as the unlimited internet plan.

Lets say theres a gentlemens club that you pay to get into, but you find a hole in a wall to look in... you going to get pissed when they block the hole?
    That's a cute analogy, but I'm already in the club buying drinks (I have their cellular phone service) I'll pay for a lap dance, but I don't have to slip a dollar into anyone's G-String unless they're in my face. I could surf with a proxy but did not have the equivalent of the $19.99 service. The only time I did was when I was paying $19.99 I probably should have kept that service, but Shoutcast wasn't that interesting to me at the time given how slow non-EDGE GPRS is.

Believe me, I was looking to switch long before all the talk about proxy blocking started. They are perfectly justified in cutting off all of us who were "stealing" and I'm perfectly justified in taking my business elsewhere. Bottom line is that for me to get equivalent service from T-Mo as I will be getting from Cingular, I'd be paying the same price, but T-Mo gave me no options for upgrade. If $19.99 were still an option I might have considered getting an unlocked 650 on Ebay and staying on, but that's all over now.

They're are not the price leader anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    ... They're are not the price leader anymore.
    This is very true for data... $29.99 for data and I will cut data or jump ship.
  18.    #18  
    you are right... 29.99 for unlimited internet. Tmobileweb works for email, verichat and web surfing, but no streaming. That option is availible if you switch to a different phone like mentioned above.

I am connected right now via tmobileweb... give it a shot!
    Before anyone else accuses me of "stealing", here's the definition T-Mo gives for the T-Zones Pro service I'm paying for:

(pulled directly from their web site)

Unlimited t-zones Pro: Unlimited t-zones for $4.99 includes unlimited Internet e-mail and Mobile Web content. Unlimited t-zones Pro for $9.99 includes unlimited access to corporate e-mail, Internet e-mail, and Mobile Web content--all right from your phone, any time, anywhere!"

They way I read this I'm supposed to get web access so I'm not "stealing" anything and regular T-Zones should do what Tmobileweb does $1 less every month.

While I appreciate the variety of T-Mo's data offerings, they are confusing to say the least!
    Quote Originally Posted by duoart
    Before anyone else accuses me of "stealing", here's the definition T-Mo gives for the T-Zones Pro service I'm paying for:

(pulled directly from their web site)

Unlimited t-zones Pro: Unlimited t-zones for $4.99 includes unlimited Internet e-mail and Mobile Web content. Unlimited t-zones Pro for $9.99 includes unlimited access to corporate e-mail, Internet e-mail, and Mobile Web content--all right from your phone, any time, anywhere!"

They way I read this I'm supposed to get web access so I'm not "stealing" anything and regular T-Zones should do what Tmobileweb does $1 less every month.

While I appreciate the variety of T-Mo's data offerings, they are confusing to say the least!
    I am surprised why didnt you fight with tmobile people on the statements you pulled directly from their site. Hey I would love what they have to say .

Quote Originally Posted by Ehsan
    I am surprised why didnt you fight with tmobile people on the statements you pulled directly from their site. Hey I would love what they have to say .
    They would say they offer "Mobile Web Content" (meaning WAP access only as far as internet access is concerned).

It's not stated as Web Content on Mobile... So they aren't advertising full internet access. They advertise WAP.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast