Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphwg
    Question: I have Cingular service (subsidy unlocked) with 1.17. what happens to the unlock if I should try to install the latest fix, the one dated 3/8? Also what is the difference between versamail 3.1C and 3.1D?
    Says on the website:

"If you contacted Cingular Wireless to unlock your smartphone (subsidy unlock), you can use this updater. The current lock state is not affected by the update"
    -------------------------------
    Palm III > Palm IIIxe > Samsung I300 (Verizon) > Tungsten W (ATT) > Treo 300 (Sprint)> Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Cingular)
    OK, I updated it. It did give me the latest firmware/VM versions. No problems (I even accidentally left in the SD card, and it prompted me to take it out...so thoughtful).

A couple of things I did:

1. Disabled Alt key, Butler, KeyCaps, LEDOff, RadioState, McPhling, all hacks, RLock, SnapClip, SnapCalc. Not sure if I needed to do all those, but it worked flawlessly.

2. Exited out of Launcher X (per the website instructions).

3. Went into Filez, then selected all files on the handheld, went to "Set Attributes" on the menu, and clicked "backup" to ensure everything (even things not normally backed up) were going to backup this time.

4. Hotsynced

5. Then ran the updater and followed the instructions.

Took about 15 minutes, and I have alot on my Treo. Quite painless...
    Palm III > Palm IIIxe > Samsung I300 (Verizon) > Tungsten W (ATT) > Treo 300 (Sprint)> Treo 600 (Sprint) > Treo 650 (Cingular)
    As a bonus, you get a free copy of SplashShopper for running the update. Not sure if I'll ever use it (ThoughtManager & HanDBase do the same thing, but I have the Desktop Versions as well), but still nice...

Think I may run this on my wife's T650 too if I find it helps stability...
    CNB is Cingular Blue (former AT&T). Has less preseeded favorites, no Xpressmail, but includes a link to some Wireless Email web link
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks for the clarification...
  6.    #26  
    Still not able to send attachment via Gmail w updated Versamail 3.1D. Can anyone help?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Hmmm. I just did it, and I'm on Cingular too. But I'm using the cwmx.com as the outgoing server, are you?
    I got a 1MB increase in free space, and the new Versamail version.

Just mailed an attachment to myself via GMail, it works. But the palm
    webpage mentions attachment support for GMail in the browser (have
    to check that one out)

- mvk
    Game over!
  9.    #29  
    mvk - would u please advise your Gmail outgoing server, port & settings? as my Gmial won't send attachment. Thanks.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    My settings:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Account Name: GMail
    Mail Service: GMail
    Protocol: POP
    ----------------------------------------------- next
    Username: xxx (without "@gmail.com")
    Password: -Assigned-
    Email Address: xxx@gmail.com
    Incoming Mail Server: pop.gmail.com
    Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.gmail.com
    ----------------------------------------------- ADVANCED
    Incoming Server Settings:
    Port Number: 995
    Use Secure Connection (SSL): YES
    Use Authentication (APOP): NO
    Outgoing Server Settings:
    Port Number: 25 (Note: GMail mentions ports 465 or 587)
    Use Secure Connection (SSL): YES
    Use authentication (ESMTP): YES
    Username: xxx (without "@gmail.com")
    Password: -Assigned-
    ----------------------------------------------- Done

That's it, it works! Let us know how it goes.

- mvk
    Last edited by GreenHex; 03/26/2006 at 10:05 PM.
    Game over!
  11.    #31  
    mvk - thanks and after change the port to 25 it works for me now.
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    The update is like a part two to the 1.17. When you upgrade you will notice that it will say 1b.17-cng. The update has worked fine with me, no resets whats so ever.The Firmware is 01.51.... I have noticed the update has helped out my Gmail my account.

I suggest if you havent to do so, and always remember before you to an upgrade to do a hot sync before so you can back up all your data( remember it wipes out everything in your phone, then it installs the new upgrade)
    I got an SMS yesterday telling me there was a new updater and I came in looking for 1.20 or so and was thinking, they can't be talking about that Versamail thing from 2 weeks ago.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12