Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11684785/

ATT is buying Bell South taking 100% control of Cingular to be rebranded ATT...back where I started
    Last edited by bling300c; 03/06/2006 at 03:03 PM.
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Dang, that's really bad news.
    I had alot of bad experience with AT&T long distance service and AT&T wireless service. Its rep are all suck and No more given out subsidy unlock code.
    This makes me unhappy too. The phone company monopolies are slowly coming back.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    After spending millions of dollars to rebrand AT&T Wireless Services Inc. stores as Cingular stores and hundreds of millions of dollars more on marketing the new Cingular after its $41 billion acquisition of AT&T Wireless in October 2004, Cingular will now become AT&T if the merger with BellSouth is completed.
    Brother. The merger AT&T/Cingular merger was a customer service nightmare - I wonder if this would be any better or worse?
    wow this is huge... and very very sad. There will be no competing with this telcom giant
    In all fairness, this is not the old ATT of your childhood or even a few years ago. This is really SBC (which adopted the ATT brand) buying out Bellsouth and then rebranding itself the new "old ma-baell"....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Okay, so lemme get this straight.

AT&T is a massive telco conglomerate.

AT&T is broken up.

The "baby bells" go off on their own.

AT&T starts to falter, spins off divisions, including AT&T Wireless.

AT&T Wireless is bought by Cingular, which is in turn owned by Southern Bell.

SBC, formerly the "baby bell" Southwestern Bell, buys what's left of AT&T.

SBC renames themselves AT&T.

SBC buys Southern Bell.

AT&T will rename Cingular to AT&T Wireless.

AT&T is a massive telco conglomerate.

This is makings Zathrus's head hurt...
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    If that happens, it will be confusing.

http://news.com.com/AT38T+to+buy+Bel...l?tag=nefd.top

EDIT: Sorry, this should've been posted to the GSM forum.
    Yeah, thanks for pissing away all of our money into rebranding over and over. How about expanding new services and expanding quality GSM signals into fringe areas.

Jacka$$es. Plus the fact that this is going to be Big Bell over again, helloooooooo price hikes.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Do you think the name Cingular will be changed back to AT&T Wireless? That might be confusing for some.
    ...and is a duplicate thread
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Yes. I saw that thread right after I created this one.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    I had alot of bad experience with AT&T long distance service and AT&T wireless service. Its rep are all suck and No more given out subsidy unlock code.

AT&T provided much better customer service in my opinon. I also unlocked phones with AT&T in the past. The rollover minutes would be missed (I have two teenagers).
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    Crap!!! I should get my unlock code right away then, before they officially become AT&T once again
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    This was talked about a lot when I worked for Cingular. I worked in a Blue store that became a Cingular store. I actually think this would be a great thing most less advanced or less knowledgeble people relate better to AT&T than Cingular. If you talk to older people, or people who have had cell phones since the dawn of time, most say that they loved AT&T and they never would have switched. I think its a brand thing right now for Cingular and it would give them a small boost! Though, I still prefer my VZW 650, but, that's an issue for another thread
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broberob
    wow this is huge... and very very sad. There will be no competing with this telcom giant
    Well, I think technology has changed the competition landscape. They have to worry about the cable companies. What I worry about now is that Comcast and Sprint would merge.
    There is still t-mobile, Sprint and verizon... plenty of competition in the wireless area.

Cingular will still be cingular... no merging of anything. Just a change of ownership... ooh yeah, and a name change.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    There is still t-mobile, Sprint and verizon... plenty of competition in the wireless area.

Cingular will still be cingular... no merging of anything. Just a change of ownership... ooh yeah, and a name change.
    exactly; and cingular will still suck. Now if they went back to the old ATT towers with TDMA then coverage would be better i know we would not have internet, email and everthign else but i could make a voice call and have it work all the time!
    The funny thing is they say they are going to be saving billions of dollars in advertising, but I wonder how much they are going to be spending on advertising to the world that they are merging/changing/taking over the telecom world again...
    <merged>
    What I found interesting is that on the start of this process, AT & T stores was being renamed as Cingular. If from the start, they renamed Cingular to AT & T, would it have retained the same amount of customers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast