1.    #1  
    I'm going to Cabo, Mexico next week and I wanted to know if anyone has experience with a Cingular treo down there. I added Cingular Mexico to my plan to keep the cost down but should I get a prepaid Sim (I had my phone unlocked by Cingular)? I also installed the Cingular Network Hack so that I could switch networks if I keep my Cingular sim in the phone.
    I am in Mexico City right now and have access to Telcel and Movistar. No problem with the service. I have made and received several calls using my Cingular unlocked 650. I also have the network hack installed so it sounds like we have a similar set up. You should have no problems.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am in Mexico City right now and have access to Telcel and Movistar. No problem with the service. I have made and received several calls using my Cingular unlocked 650. I also have the network hack installed so it sounds like we have a similar set up. You should have no problems.
    Do you know how Cingular service is in Cabo? I read on the Cingular website that Telcel and Movistar are available in Mexico but it doesnt really break down coverage by city there so any information would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Telcel was fine (which is what I picked up in Cabo with the Cingular SIM).

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=98809
    be very careful using your Cingular phone in Mexico. I was in Neuvo Laredo a few weeks ago, about 1/4 mile from the border having a few drinks in a bar while my wife was shopping. I used my Treo to check my email and hit a few websites thinking all was cool. When my bill came in, I was charged about $40 for International Data roaming and I only used the phone for about 10-15 minutes of surfing.

I called Cingular to complain, saying that I was so close to the US border I assumed I was still on the US network. The Cingular rep said they couldn't do anything since their records showed I was about 1K miles inside of Mexico and couldn't have been close enough to the US to use the domestic network