1.    #1  
    Could someone who has used theire Cingular ROM to create a Custom ROM tell me what specific files need to be removed to remove "Quick Tour" "Xpress Mail" "GetGood" and "Welcome" from my Treo? Also, are there any other files or language files that I can safely delete out of my Cingular ROM? I am looking to do this in a day or two so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    GetGood.PRC - "GetGood"
    GetMail.PRC - "Xpress Mail"
    TutorialApp_Device.PRC, TutorialApp_Device_CNGW.cprc, TutorialApp_Device_CNGW_enUS.lprc, TutorialRsc_Tips.prc, TutorialRsc_Tips_CNGW.cprc, TutorialRsc_Tips_CNGW_enus.lprc - "Quick Tour"

Language Packs, most everything is enUS except for:
    DefConnectionDB_deDE.pdb
    DefConnectionDB_esES.pdb
    DefConnectionDB_frFR.pdb
    DefConnectionDB_itIT.pdb
    DefConnectionDB_jpJP.pdb
  3.    #3  
    Thank you I believe that was just what I was looking for. Do you recommend removing anything else while I'm in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141
    Thank you I believe that was just what I was looking for. Do you recommend removing anything else while I'm in there?
    Do u use VersaMail?
    If not you can remove that also.
    Do you have this sprint list?
    That sprint list also works for stuff common to GSM
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just call me Berd.
  5.    #5  
    How do I know which files in the Sprirt list are commom to GSM? Or are all of them common to GSM?
    How do I know which files in the Sprirt list are commom to GSM? Or are all of them common to GSM?
    I guess what I meant, was that many on the filelist are both on GSM and CDMA. So you can atleast figure out many of the ones mentioned on the filelist as okay to remove, and which ones you should not. Whatever your not sure about, just leave.

Does that Help?
    Just call me Berd.
    They're not all common but many are. There are some that will have SPCS in the filename where the equivalent files will have CNG. When I did my CNB custom ROM I used the file list as a starting point to figure out which files were safe to delete... sticking with the ones in the list highlighted in Green and adding more language files if necessary that were not on the Sprint list.

still haven't been able to figure out how to get rid of Wireless Email on CNB though
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  8.    #8  
    Do I need to use the ROM of the treo, or can I download the update off Palm's site and use that? I already have the update on my treo as well.
    Do I need to use the ROM of the treo, or can I download the update off Palm's site and use that? I already have the update on my treo as well.
    Your choice, but if you already ran the update on your phone, then use the Rom from your phone.
    Let me ask, are you planning on using the New RomTool by Matt?
    Because that is the way to go.
    Just call me Berd.
  10.    #10  
    If that is the best way then yes I will. I guess I need to reread the threads on creating Custom ROMs and I suppose I can find the tool there? And just to make sure, I can find the ROM files already on my computer in the PalmOne folder?
    I will see if I can get u the link.
    I'm @ my Treo, so I'm slow.
    Just call me Berd.
  12.    #12  
    Thank you.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/01/2006 at 11:57 PM.
    Just call me Berd.