Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1. CJD
    someone on HoFo is reporting that Cingular will be pulling the $20 MediaNet plan and forcing customers onto their PDA connect plans at $40/ month. Anyone else heard anything?
    i read it over there too. apparently supposed to do it March 1, thats tomm!

we will see, if they get rid of mine, ill call them right up and tell them i dont use a pda anymore, and get the 19.99 plan back.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    *cough* *cough* sprint *cough* *cough*
    No, have to stay on GSM.

But this is only for Treos and other PDAs, right? They can't be charging $40/month for simple phones??
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    t-mo is $15.99... or $5.99 if you go the Proxy route and use Tmobileweb.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    i think we have already had our bouts about the old GSM vs CDMA haven't we. i gotta say if they do this it'll be a good thing for sprint considering they will be the lowest BY FAR. CNG was really the only competitor and with an evdo treo coming and no extra charge for power vision.....i guess we will be seeing a lot more sprint treo users.

EDIT: forgot about T-MO, course they dont officially carry treos, right?
    looks to me Tmobile has jumped to 29.99
    Quote Originally Posted by byronchurch
    looks to me Tmobile has jumped to 29.99
    that is the price without a voice plan...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    i cant find the thread. can someone post it?

thanks
    that would be really bad for them. They'd join the ranks of Verizon and expensive data. I hardly use Cingular data since I've gotten the 8125 and have WiFi, but I still want the ability to connect if I'm not at a hotspot. $20/mo is pretty reasonable. So far it is still on my account today. Oh well...we will see.
    Will we old-timers be grandfathered in?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I'm supposed to believe there's no collusion when the only two GSM carriers in the US bump up the rates for their data plan one day apart?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    iCNG was really the only competitor and with an evdo treo coming and no extra charge for power vision.....i guess we will be seeing a lot more sprint treo users.
    Sprnt PowerVision (EVDO) is $5 more than Vision. If you want unlimited data with VPN from Srint for example it's $35. Plain ole PowerVision is $20 and Vision is $15....all this as per Sprint CSR last night.

As for the accuracy of the alleged termination of existing plans.....NOT..... $20 plan is fine and well.

https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

One thing ya gotta give cingular.....a search button on the home page and a search engine that brings up plan costs on the 1st hit. Gave up on Sprint in this regard....had to call to get that info.
    Mine still shows:
    MEdia Works $19.99
    Media Works-MMS $0.00
    MEdia Works-WIX $0.00
    Media Works-Txt Msg $0.00

on the web site. I have the original package that includes 100 SMS and 50 MMS (I think those are the numbers.. I don't use SMS etc much).

The current 19.99 plan is also showing up on their web site
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Mine still shows:
    MEdia Works $19.99
    Media Works-MMS $0.00
    MEdia Works-WIX $0.00
    Media Works-Txt Msg $0.00
    Ditto.
    mine hasn't changed
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I still have it too. Was this a prank???
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    t-mo is $15.99... or $5.99 if you go the Proxy route and use Tmobileweb.
    nonobeez,
    Could you outline all the account and application setup you use to make this work on T-Mobile?
    Does anyone know of a similar cheepo-cheepo data access approach on Cingular?
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Mine still shows....
    I don't think will or even can cahange existing contract holders.....I believe OP was referring to new customers.....and the $19.99 is still available to new customers.....in fact you can get unlimited for $4.99 1st month.....$19.99 thereafter.
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast