Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    The rep at my local store saw it on my account, and didnt care. She just told me if i got a T750 I would have to upgrade to the 40 dollar per month account. I'm going for iPhone anyway. Hopefully they dont make an iPhone connect for 100 dollars a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriefoss View Post
    How many others of you out there have had this problem? If it's widespread, like I think it is, is there some action that should be taken on a corporate level by customers? I would be up for a little corporate shake and bake!
    Well the last I heard was that they put the $20 plan back on for some people, but it will run out in March. Thats what the 611 Rep said.

I called Executive Offices and they said they would get back to me, they actually seemed concerned that I was so concerned (and credited me $25 for my trouble with a 611 rep).

So I am awaiting to hear from them.
    I don't know why it's OK for them to do this, then you have to be on the phone for 45 min. to get them to change it back!! Someone on HoFo claims your contract says they allow themselves to make changes to your account, BUT they must notify you first! They can't even follow their own contract if this is true!!

ATT's batting a 1000 with the CS this week!! Read the 680 forum to see the possibility that they are going to be responsible for removing colored unlocked 680s from the market. I still hope it's a false alarm, that just smacks of denial of choice!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I just returned my 680 today (still was under the 1 month return policy). I told the Cingular rep I wasn't happy with it and he refunded my $$$. I also made sure he got me off the PDA connect plan and put me on the MEdia-Max plan. I told him I was going to use my old razr phone until my contract ends this summer.

As soon as I got home I ordered an unlocked version from Palm. If I knew I was going to pay up the A*S just to able to browse the net a little bit I would have bought one from Palm to begin with. Plus I got free shipping & that free music pack to boot. I figured I might as well spend the extra cash than worry about getting slammed with extra data charges.
    Quote Originally Posted by bearballz View Post
    I just returned my 680 today (still was under the 1 month return policy). I told the Cingular rep I wasn't happy with it and he refunded my $$$. I also made sure he got me off the PDA connect plan and put me on the MEdia-Max plan. I told him I was going to use my old razr phone until my contract ends this summer.

As soon as I got home I ordered an unlocked version from Palm. If I knew I was going to pay up the A*S just to able to browse the net a little bit I would have bought one from Palm to begin with. Plus I got free shipping & that free music pack to boot. I figured I might as well spend the extra cash than worry about getting slammed with extra data charges.
    I got mine for $75 from Cingular and they didn't change my data from my MEdia Max 200.
    Hey Folks. I just noticed on OLAM (Cingular Online Account Manager,) after you log in, under "Add Features" they have restored the ability to change my data plan.
    In past months I had the option to remove PDA Connect. Then go back and add Media Max 200 (1000, or 3000). But about 2 months ago they "ADD" features went away, all I could do was remove features. I had thought they had taken this away intenionally or it was somehow tied to the type of phone they had for me on my account.

But it's back. I'm pretty sure it would be back for everyone. My brother and a few others I've talked to all confirmed the same thing.

What this means to people looking to get the cheaper $20 Media Max plan. You can go ahead and buy a phone or PDA without a data plan. Then just go online and add Media Max 200 yourself.
    Or even if the rep talks you in to $40 PDA Connect (in some cases they give you a discount for doing so) you can then go online and remove PDA connect and add Media Max 200.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I heard back from my rep. SHe has gleefully telling me she restored my Media Works $20 unlim/1500/200. And she says that it is notated on the account, that it is my plan for life until I change it. We will see.

Cingular must have a new "let's keep the custy's" philosophy, now with the ATT name and the network push again.
    Any word on how/when/if the Cingular plans will change to AT&T plans?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I heard back from my rep. SHe has gleefully telling me she restored my Media Works $20 unlim/1500/200. And she says that it is notated on the account, that it is my plan for life until I change it. We will see.

Cingular must have a new "let's keep the custy's" philosophy, now with the ATT name and the network push again.
    cglaguna - Do you have any idea what the actual Cingular code was for that plan?

The same thing happened to me and everytime I talk to a Cingular rep they get totally confused and put me on hold for about 20 minutes. One rep today finally told me it was called MEWW and they would "try" to put it back on my plan. I'm hoping that's the correct code.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678