Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh View Post

So who or why would you need to use isp.cingular? You'd only need to use it for PPTP VPN. IPSec VPN and almost every other thing you'll ever want to do works fine on wap.cingular. I've use wap.cingular for 2 years and never found a thing that didn't work. Even chatter's IMAP push and WM5's direct push work very well over wap.cingular.
    But Chatter's Exchange Server (non-IMAP) push requires isp.cingular (and some ports).

http://www.chatteremail.com/index.ph...d=68&Itemid=57

"Note: EX push on Cingular requires a Data Connect plan (MediaNET will not work)."
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Just call me Berd.
    For the 2nd time in 4 months, I have received a bill from Cingular for $500+ for data usage even though I am on the old Media Works package from 2 years ago that allowed unlimited data, 1000 SMS, 250 MMS. When this happened 4 months ago, I spent 4 weeks getting things straightened out and was finally put back on my old Media Works package. Now, after being fine for 2 months worth of bills, the same thing has happened again. So I will be calling to scream at them again tomorrow.

I have been on this grandfathered data plan for over 2 years and will fight all attempts to switch me over to a PDA plan. I know they claim the right to change or cancel plans at any time, but I just signed up for another 2 years 5 months ago to get the discounted price for a new Treo 650 (upgrade from a 600), so I don't really think its fair for them to go and change the terms of the deal if I'm still going to be locked into my plan.

Sorry, just venting...
    Ouch...
    at&t iPhone3G
    ....goes to check his Cingular OLAM...
    I'm probably next. Current data usage shows >1GB (1124373KB), if that doesn't raise a red flag, I don't know what does. No DUN, tethering, or anything of the sort, but scary nonetheless.

A new (bad) development. I have been unable to use Xpress Mail on the Treo for the last 2 days.

I just got off the phone (Cingular Data sevices 1-800-304-3044) and they said that Xpress Mail is available only to the Data Connect plan and not MediaNet users. They have been allowing access to the MediaNEt folks but gradually they are checking on this and "fixing" it on their end so that Xpress Mail is offered only to Data Connect users.

FWIW.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Suddenly, everything is working again (with MediaNet!!).

Can't trust anyone in Customer Support these days :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Uh yeah, I called 'em once some time ago saying I couldn't check my IMAP mail and they told me that you have to have the data connect package to do that.

Yes, the $80 package.. ;-) So I took it with a grain of salt and figured I'd see what happened in the next 24h. Started working some hours later.

Cingular's data has been really screwy recently.. It'll connect but won't actually connect TO anything, or it won't connect at all, or it keeps disconnecting, etc.. Sometimes I can't connect to anything but the web, etc.. I think it's still AT&T integration, but that's my guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode View Post
    I'm probably next. Current data usage shows >1GB (1124373KB), if that doesn't raise a red flag, I don't know what does. No DUN, tethering, or anything of the sort, but scary nonetheless.
    Good grief.. I use 40M a month and think I'm really going overboard. You do realize that's 40 straight hours assuming 140kbit, which is unlikely in most cases, so perhaps more like 40-46h (120kbit)? Sheesh.

But I don't stream or do DUN generally.. All 40M of that this month is email weather, some very light browsing, some downloading of data files OTA in Blazer, and Google Maps.

I suspect Google Maps is responsible for at least 15M of it.. heh..
    Last edited by khaytsus; 10/30/2006 at 11:52 AM.
    Sounds like Cingular is still inconsistent with Media Net. They can't concisely figure out who should be able to use what with which service! This was a problem 2 years ago too!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Good grief.. I use 40M a month and think I'm really going overboard. You do realize that's 40 straight hours assuming 140kbit, which is unlikely in most cases, so perhaps more like 40-46h (120kbit)? Sheesh.

But I don't stream or do DUN generally.. All 40M of that this month is email weather, some very light browsing, some downloading of data files OTA in Blazer, and Google Maps.

I suspect Google Maps is responsible for at least 15M of it.. heh..

What's worse is my life timer...

#*786 tells me I've only talked on my phone for 2184 minutes
    Ah the wonders of data!
    Prev Name: FrozenCode
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Howdy All,
    Just added mediamax 200 via phone with a rep. It went seamlessly well. However, i was previously "wix" blocked in my features due to a $500 bill even though i had the 19.99 plan. According to Cing when I tried to dispute the bill, I had a rather huge data transfer amt. After me kindly pleading, they cut the bill to $200.00. I'm bravely taking a second crack at this. Ive got a Cing 650. Here are my features AFTER the rep added mediamax today:

FEATURE MONTHLY COST
    NUMERIC PAGING $0.00
    LONG DISTANCE ACCESS $0.00
    VOICE MAIL ALERT $0.00
    NETWORK ACCESS $0.00
    MEDIA MAX 200 BUNDLE $19.99
    /ANYTIME MIN ROLLOVER $0.00
    /550 ANYTIME MINS $0.00
    /FAMILY TALK $0.00
    /NATION GAIT/GSM $0.00
    NO LONG DISTANCE WHILE ROAMING $0.00
    CINGULAR NATIONWIDE TOLL FREE $0.00
    OFF-NETWORK ROAM $0.00
    /UNLIMITED SHARED EXPANDED M2M $0.00
    /UNLIMITED NIGHT & WKD CTH SHARE $0.00
    MEDIA MAX 200 MSGS $0.00
    MEDIA MAX UNL NET $0.00

I'd be very grateful for any feedback as to what else I SHOULD be seeing on my features to avoid any data overages. Thanks very kindly
    Last edited by mkbomb; 11/04/2006 at 03:36 PM.
    Looks like you're golden. Unlimited data is included in your plan. But never, I mean NEVER trust Cingular. Always check your invoice.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomd4re View Post
    Looks like you're golden. Unlimited data is included in your plan. But never, I mean NEVER trust Cingular. Always check your invoice.
    Thanks, Tom. I'll take the warning, sounds totally logical. I'll just keep checking "my features" on the CING site weekly....
  16. aph
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    How do I get the $15.99 t-mobile data plan? Call and ask for it? It is not available on the website.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    Thanks,
    I really appreciate the detail you put into your post.
    I will changing my plan, it's discouraging how many people they get to sign up for the PDA Connect Plan.
    For 2yrs I've been on PDA Connect.
    Jerks!
    I read somewhere that you may have to stay on PDA Connect to get a decent price for the 750. What I want to know is will they let you stay on wap.cingular only plans if you buy an unlocked one? Because then if you go in asking for the 3G SIM, they may ask too many questions(like what phone this is for) when you ask to move your number over to it. What do you all think?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    i use my 8125 with the 19.99 every day, but my OLAM shows some old LG phone...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I read somewhere that you may have to stay on PDA Connect to get a decent price for the 750.
    Yea, I called them up to switch, but couldn't.
    They asked me what phone I would be using it on, and I couldn't bring myself to lie.
    (Stupid Conscience )

Oh well, I used 181,453 kb's last month, I prolly deserve to pay an extra 20 per mo.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post

What I want to know is will they let you stay on wap.cingular only plans if you buy an unlocked one? Because then if you go in asking for the 3G SIM, they may ask too many questions(like what phone this is for) when you ask to move your number over to it. What do you all think?
    You might be able to find the Thread.
    But I read where ones were saying you don't need the 3g Sim.
    Infact one person showed how they still got UMTS speeds w/ thier old 32k sim.
    Just call me Berd.
    What's the current word on this situation? I currently have MediaNet Unlimited ($19.99) but want to get a new phone. Will they let me grandfather it in?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast