Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    It's kinda funny though...I have the $24.99 MediaNet plan because I couldn't get the $19.99 MediaNet last year around this time. I guess I'll go and change it to the $19.99 plan.

I love sticking it to DA MAN!!!
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
    I finally got hold of customer service, and even though last week I was quoted as having PDA Connect, today they said I was on MediaNet Unlimited for $19.99 (my wife's T650 was as well). I logged on the website and confirmed it...weird, but it's all good...
    Well after reading this thread and seeing that my last internet usage on my 650 has cost me 80 bucks on top of the base rate for my plan, I went to SBC....err.......AT&T......err......Cingular's website and tried to get the MNet unlimited. The option wasn't available so I called in and had the CSR add it to my acct. I logged back into my acct and it was added. I don't have to use it for my government email right now, but later this year I may have to. At which point I'll have my organization pay for the PDA plan and switch at that point. Only b/c of what others have stated in this thread about MNet and corporate email.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Quote Originally Posted by playboy
    I went to SBC....err.......AT&T......err......Cingular's website and tried to get the MNet unlimited. The option wasn't available so I called in and had the CSR add it to my acct.
    I'm sorry, where is everyone seeing this? I've been seeing MediaNet Unlimited as an option since this thread was started. It hasn't disappeared.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Cingular's puters oftn drop stuff as the list that's generated is phone model depedent. When treos were announced some corporate IT geek said :

Treo=BB=CorprateVPN=PDAConnect

so if you tell them you have a Treo, their "book" and puter tell them this is what you need. I have had caller ID dropped from my list and even called them once and said....put evey darn option Cingular offers on there that has a cost of $0.00 and my list length almost doubled....then I knocked off what I didnt want.

If is not on your "MyFeatures" page, just call them and ask them to add it.
    I'll be making a call to CS soon. I checked my bill online and even though I have MediaNet Unlimited and Text Message 200, they charged me for my 26,279 KB usage ($262.79) and for each text message.
    Crypto

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cryptodevice
    I'll be making a call to CS soon. I checked my bill online and even though I have MediaNet Unlimited and Text Message 200, they charged me for my 26,279 KB usage ($262.79) and for each text message.
    Good luck, I know someone who they did the exact same thing to. When all was said and done they waived the extra fee, but he had to change to the $40 plan, and pay 2 months previous difference between medianet and pda plan.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    cinguler screwered up. for some reason the first day i got my data plan, it was not active, even though i repeatedly asked the service rep when it would be active. it was 90 dollars. they refunded me.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    Good luck, I know someone who they did the exact same thing to. When all was said and done they waived the extra fee, but he had to change to the $40 plan, and pay 2 months previous difference between medianet and pda plan.
    I called this morning and complained about my $266 usage charges when I have MediaNet Unlimited and Text Message 200. She confirmed my packages and put the credit on my account. They didn't ask what type of phone I had.

I guess all the CS reps are not being told the same thing (go figure). I just hope I don't have to call in every month...but I will!
    Crypto

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Glad to hear they fixed your bill.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    cinguler screwered up. for some reason the first day i got my data plan, it was not active, even though i repeatedly asked the service rep when it would be active. it was 90 dollars. they refunded me.
    I would bet that they book all of those refunds as a loss to reduce their taxable revenue too. Phone companies have a massive amount of profit incoming and are constantly looking for ways to reduce their tax liability!
    I've had the $19.99 Media Works addon to my 3000 Rollover Minutes plan since the day the 650 was available on Cingular (actually for a month prior with a 600). During that time I've adamently defended the availabilty and functionality of Media Works with the 650. That was until recently...

Last Thursday, at 4:30 pm, my 650 received its last email. Since then I have lost all data - no IM w/ Verichat, no surfing with Blazer, no eMail w/ Chatter, etc. Only the phone and SMS works. I've called Cingular a dozen times, and spoken to twice as many people. Most of the reps say they don't understand it, the account looks good, etc. A couple of the tech support people have said that Media Works isn't supported on my phone and that I need to get the PDA plan...

I'm still fighting, but as it's been 4 (going on 5) days w/ no data I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that data is going to cost me alot more very shortly.

Dunc
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    I'm still fighting, but as it's been 4 (going on 5) days w/ no data I'm beginning to resign myself to the fact that data is going to cost me alot more very shortly.
    Odd that all functionality would be lost. MedaNet is still teh same price but ya would lsoe the SMS. media Works is still shown as an option on my "My Account" page tho.
    i just signed up for 19.99 media net plan - unlimited.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott
    I would bet that they book all of those refunds as a loss to reduce their taxable revenue too. Phone companies have a massive amount of profit incoming and are constantly looking for ways to reduce their tax liability!
    Cingular also does government deals(I work for a The University of New Hampshire) and Cingular offers an employee discount(15% off the monthly bill). Unfortunatly, my boss does not approve of me using this discount because I am still a student( But I do get a staff parking pass, and computer discounts through dell).
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    Cingular also does government deals(I work for a The University of New Hampshire) and Cingular offers an employee discount(15% off the monthly bill). Unfortunatly, my boss does not approve of me using this discount because I am still a student( But I do get a staff parking pass, and computer discounts through dell).
    i would ask the boss for the 15%. boss does not sound too nice. students should be allowed to take advantage of all the perks especially since it is not sweat off his brow.
    WHY, WHY, WHY must people keep posting on this thread when Cingular clearly still offers the same MediaNet plan? None of these rumors even came to fruition. They have not yanked the plan!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    i just signed up for 19.99 media net plan - unlimited.
    [edit]
    I was hoping you mean the MEdia Net bundle with data/sms/mms for $20

Man I wish they'd offer something like that again.. $20 (unlimited data) + $10 (1000 sms) + $? (some MMS) is much more expensive.. Oh well.
    Last edited by khaytsus; 04/02/2006 at 09:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DTS
    WHY, WHY, WHY must people keep posting on this thread when Cingular clearly still offers the same MediaNet plan? None of these rumors even came to fruition. They have not yanked the plan!!!
    Get over yourself.
  20. DTS
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Get over yourself.
    I might, if that weren't coming from yourself. (the guy who kept getting all bent out of shape every time a certain poster would bring up the "freezing" issue, or started any post regarding that particular topic)
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast