Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We were told today that with any new plans starting tomorrow thae data rate is going upto $50 month. All current plans will be grandfathered.

First, anyone else heard this?

Second, if you were thinking about maybe today is the day to get your plan activated.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

strange, I just changed my plan three weeks ago to VPN Data and HotSpot combined for $29.99/month...this, I was advised, was the new combined plan while the new data plan was going to be $14.99 by itself...wierd.
    OMG it's one thing for Verizon to charge $40 for EV-DO, but for T-Mo to charge $50 for their hapless semi-EDGE coverage at a time when Sprint gives you unlimited EV-DO for $15?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    OMG it's one thing for Verizon to charge $40 for EV-DO, but for T-Mo to charge $50 for their hapless semi-EDGE coverage at a time when Sprint gives you unlimited EV-DO for $15?
    My thoughts exactly
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    We were told today that with any new plans starting tomorrow thae data rate is going upto $50 month. All current plans will be grandfathered.

First, anyone else heard this?

Second, if you were thinking about maybe today is the day to get your plan activated.
    The data-only (no voice plan) is now $39.99.

The Internet plan that used to be $19.99 is now $29.99, but it now includes Hotspots.

I warned of this many, many moons ago..
    -- Go Illini!
    ouch...
    yep 50 for data only
    and the 30 for data in addition to a voice contract....
    It is $30 with any voice plan. TMo decided to combine the GPRS and HotSpot plan and relabled it as Total internet plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    It is $30 with any voice plan. TMo decided to combine the GPRS and HotSpot plan and relabled it as Total internet plan.
    Yeahhh.. they did it now when value of Tmo hotspots is virtually zero. Now, every coffee shop in my area is offering *FREE* wireless internet!
    Does this mean that since I already have the $19.99 Unlimited VPN Internet data add-on I will now be able to also use T-Mobile hotspots? That would be great.
    How do I get a user id/password?
    Mjw, For existing customer, you have to change your internet access to the Total Internet which ups your pay by another $10.

slvr00gt, I agree with you. The hotspots is really of no value unless you are in an area where free wireless is not available.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I can understand them doing that to customers with wifi enabled devices. Notice that the blackberry data plan is still $20. Maybe I should tell them I switched to a lackberry. Hmmm.. *eg*
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Wait, does this affect those with voice and data, or just data only?
    Well I just switched to Total Internet because I drop $7 at just about every airport I fly in/out of and most have hotspots (or sharing agreements) so to me it is worth it. For instance, I was in SJC on Sunday and paid $7 for that and the next day in SEA and then SFO I paid $7 for each of them. Worse, I often do this and then only have 30 minutes to surf until I have to board the plane. So for frequent travelers I think this may be a OK.

I doubt I would pay the extra for surfing at a coffee shop though...
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me any technical reason that I could not use the Blackberry data service with my Treo? The people at TRob are telling me that there are some settings that would make it impossible to get the BB service compatible with my T650. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    On the Blackberry, the reason why the Blackberry plan may not work with a Treo is that Treo's use standard internet ports... 80 for web, 443 for secure web, 110/143/993 for pop, imap4 and imap4 ssl. The Blackberry uses port 9201 for WAP and a WAP proxy server. This means T-Mobile needs only to have port 9201 open to make things work. There are some rumours that other ports are now open on Blackberry data, but someone would have to verify that. Even if only port 9201 is open, you can still do email and web, via your own proxy servers that forward 9201 traffic to the appropriate places. Needless to say, it's not an umcomplicated setup, but I have done it in the past.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    If you have to go through a proxy, how is the BB plan different than TZones?
    i just cant believe i am gona pay 50 bucks for the whole internet thing. this is ridiculous guys

39.99 GET MORE
    49.99 TMO TOTAL INTERNET
    6.99 MOBILE TO MOBILE
    6+ TAXES

= its gona be hundred dollars!

this is gay.
    well i dont get it still.. theres 300 minutes. on the tmobile total internet plan? anyone explain.. bills bills bills guys lol
    Quote Originally Posted by xtasyboi_00
    i just cant believe i am gona pay 50 bucks for the whole internet thing. this is ridiculous guys

39.99 GET MORE
    49.99 TMO TOTAL INTERNET
    6.99 MOBILE TO MOBILE
    6+ TAXES

= its gona be hundred dollars!

this is gay.
    It's $30 or $40 as long as you have a voice plan.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast