Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I think everyone is missing the point. I do not know anything about the $50 plan changes. But I have the $19.99 which give me Total access to the internet.

The plans are listed in order.

1. T-Mobile Internet - The T-Mobile Internet Add On Feature gives you Unlimited T-Mobile Internet access. Use T-Mobile Internet to access your email and browse the Internet no matter where you are.
    $19.99

2. T-Mobile Total Internet - T-Mobile Internet (above) with Hotspot
    $29.99

3. T-Mobile Total Internet w/ Corporate My Email - T-Mobile Total Internet w/ Corporate My Email
    $39.98 - This price gives you 1+2+3

Hope this helps - of course T-Mo could still be making changes that have not been annouced yet.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Sucks. It's not as bad as people are making it out to be, but now if you don't have a grandfathered plan (I do of course), you can either get TZones (now called TMobileWeb) for 6 bucks, or you have to pay 30 bucks for Total Internet, instead of 20 bucks for the old internet plan. They are essentially forcing you to pay 10 bucks extra for their wifi service even if you don't want it.

This makes it that much more likely that I will bail on TMobile next time I'm looking to upgrade my phone/plan. Although I have a pretty sweet deal right now, paying about 60 bucks a month for 1500 anytime minutes, unlimited nights, and unlimited internet. Don't think anybody else can beat that plan right now.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oahu
    1. T-Mobile Internet - The T-Mobile Internet Add On Feature gives you Unlimited T-Mobile Internet access. Use T-Mobile Internet to access your email and browse the Internet no matter where you are.
    $19.99
    This plan is gone. You cannot get it anymore. I have been fighting for it for over a week now and no go.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Quote Originally Posted by temna
    This plan is gone. You cannot get it anymore. I have been fighting for it for over a week now and no go.
    For new accounts, yes. This plan is no longer available. You can only see it if you have a grandfathered plan.

For existing accounts, if you use any of TMo's on line changes, your grandfather plan is replaced and you cannot go back, i.e.: if you decide to change your T-Mo Internet plan ($19.99) to T-Mobile Total Internet ($29.99).
    So what happens if you have an old plan grandfathered in but upgrade phones? Also, does the grandfathered plan take advantage of EDGE?
    As long as you don't change your plan, you are ok. For example, you are a current Treo 600 user and you decided to buy a new or used unlock GSM Treo 650. Pop in your SIM and you are on your way. No plan changes required and yes it does take advantage of EDGE wherever or whenever it is available. I download 1Meg size file in less than 45 sec.

However, if you decide to buy from TMo the new MDA device, they may ask you to sign up for a new contract. The difference is buying TMo direct.
    Well i guess i just need to drop by to a tmobile place and ask whats goin on lol. i think its too much for a cellphone you know.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I do not think changing plans will change anything you already have.

I just changed from 1500 family plan to the 2000 family plan and I still have everything as before no changes other then the new 2000 family plan that I have. So changing plans for me did not make any changes on my account for the other services that I have.
    If you are changing only your voice plan, it does not affect other plans.

If you have a voice plan, say 300 min for $29.99 with text for 500 messages included and you have decided to change your voice and text to the next comparable 600 min with 400 messages, you cannot go back to the original plan as TMo no longer offers those.

If you decide to increase only your voice minutes, the text plan is not affected.

On the other hand, if you wanted to stay with the 300 min voice plan but want to increase your text messages plan from the current 500 with the 400 text messages plan available. You don't get the incremental increase of 400 but your actual old plan inclusive 500 text messages is actually replaced by the 400 plan which you will pay for instead of being included as before. And again, you cannot go back to the old plan that's not currently offered.

Likewise, if you had a data plan for $19.99 and decided to go for the plan available TMo All Internet access, same rules apply, you cannot go back to a plan that's not currently offered.
    Last edited by ronbo2000; 03/07/2006 at 02:23 AM.
    this new change is pretty dang lame. Especially for people who dont have wifi and have absolutely no need for hotspot.

I think they'll probably do a promo deal in the future and offer it at like 25 or 20 bucks a month (for this current 30 dollar a month T-mob internet plan). Either that, or they'll realize that this plan is dumb and they'll split it -- 20 for internet and email + 10 for hot spot or 15 for hotspot.
    the last comment likely hits near t-mobile's actual intent of the price hike. with the real possibility of skype-like voip through data services, i would guess that t-mobile is trying to capture at least a portion of the revenues that would be lost from "unlimited" VOIP calling...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12