1.    #1  
    My treo only rings twice before the call goes to voicemail. Is that a carrier issue (Cingular) or is there a setting in my phone for that? Thanks.
    You can call Cingular to set this to a 30 sec delay. That is the maximim delay allowed by GSM system.

Or you could do this yourself.

1. open Phone. Do Menu-Call Preferences. Note the tel # that your Voicemail uses, including 1xxxyyyzzzz (all digits including 1).

2. to set your delay, dial

*61*1xxxyyyzzzz**30# <send>

the number 30 above can be any value <= 30 and is the delay in seconds before the call goes to voicemail.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    My treo had a phone number in it to dial for voicemail, but i changed it to my own cell phone number becasue i read that this makes checking voicemail a mobile-to-mobile call rather than a call that uses minutes? Do you know if this is true? And also, would changing that number have caused my ring time to get messed up?
    That number is obtained by the Treo from the network. I bet if you switch off the phone (by pressing the red button for a few seconds) and switch it back on, you'll see the old Voicemail # that was there in the first place.

You changed the number so that if you don't answer your Treo it forwards the call to some other cell phone?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    No, it still sends the call to the same number, I just changed the number the #1 voicemail button dials to access my messages from the number that was in there to my own number, and it works becasue I can still get my messages. I have read on these forums that changing the number to your own makes the call use your mobile-to-mobile minutes rather than anytiime minutes.