1.    #1  
    I was in a T-Mobile store today to acquire a Sidekick for my daughter. The rep there said T-Mobile has dropped the Treo 650 and will not carry the 700W either. She said they simply had way too many problems with the Treo's. Can this be true? Did I miss this news or is this just a store in a zone?
    I thought they never carried the 650 only the 600. Makes sense, consumers shouldn't have phones they can load software on. The Treo is a touchy item. I wish my 650 worked as well as my 600.

Derek
    I hope you're not serious Computerfixitguy!!

Jleadbeater, T-Mobile has decided to go back to WM, like that doesn't have any problems . If they had a lot of corporate customers who demand it, I bet they would carry the GSM 700w, since they favor WM. Looks like they cater to consumer buyers more, though.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 02/10/2006 at 08:52 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yes I am serious. The Treo 650 has NVFS problems. Its not a secret. The more virgin the phone, the better it works. However since I have RAM to load things; I do and therefore I start having to do the dbcache dance.

I would not want my customers to experience what I do with the Treo since I do tech support for a living. They would never talk to me again. So for the ones I have with a Treo I keep the software loads very minimal. Snappermail and Agendus in most cases.

Some of them have figured out how to load stuff and they do! Then they start the dance with NVFS and I start getting calls about it. Too many developers of varying skill making different apps for the Treo which is great; prior to NVFS.

I love the 650 don't get me wrong. The Treo has become better every version, the 180 I had is a piece of junk comparatively. Sign me up for a 700p if it has more memory. I would be lying if I didn't take away the PRC file type on some PC's. Tmobile saw this coming. Their business reps still send me leads to comapnies who want them integrated.

Moral of the story: Regular phones never need hard resets! Tmobile knows this. The Treo requires some willingess to be patient.

Derek
    "Makes sense, consumers shouldn't have phones they can load software on." Who should be making decisions for the consumer? How about: the CONSUMER!!! WE are the ones spending the money!! I'm getting tired of carriers, device makers, or whoever always telling the consumer what they need instead of the other way around!

I'm no longer interested in dumbphones(those would be the ones I should have because I shouldn't load software, right?), sorry. Been there, done that for too long now. Smart devices all the way for me! Productivity and functionality are important to me and many others apparently! And we do intend to load some software for added functions.

T-Mobile USA is releasing 2 smart devices once again. T-Mobile knows this is the way things are moving. They must have lost a lot of business offering dumbphones while the other carriers stepped up their smart device offerings!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!