Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I'm planning for the future. I've written T-Mo that if they didn't get one of the new GSM Treos I would jump ship. I have a family plan with 3 lines and unlimited data (which I use a lot). No response to my email, although a customer service rep tried to sell me on a new WM PDA they're bringing out Feb 13. I told them no thanks. (I was calling to see when my contract is up -- next month).

So, I like T-Mo customer service, unlimited data plan and I've been happy with the coverage. I even roamed to Australia and they helped be unlock my Treo 600 so I could use both my roaming and a local sim while there.

If T-Mo doesn't pick up a Palm Treo this year, should I jump ship to Cingular or try an unlocked GSM unit?
    i love Cingular. had it for over 6 years. love my Cing 650. only thing Tmo has that Cing dont is the 24 hour CC.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Just stay with T-Mobile and buy an OEM Treo from a reputable place, like Newegg.. The costs and headaches at Cingular will make you hate yourself in the morning.. Plus, trying to call for support? You'll hang yourself 25 minutes into your first simple tech call..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    I agree my dumb @$$ jumped from T-mobile to Cingular when I kept having towers down with my SKII. So I thought oh I'll go with Cingular, man big mistake. My bills were $300 and it was just my phone with data plans and my wifes phone. They'll charge you for everything. So I cut my contract short paid it off and went back to T-Mobile. I had an unlocked Treo from Cingular and it worked perfectly with T-mobile.
    Last edited by TheBigBadWolf; 02/10/2006 at 09:15 AM.
    I'm so Great I'm jealous of myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigBadWolf
    I agree my dump @$$ jumped from T-mobile to Cingular when I kept having towers down with my SKII. So I thought oh I'll go with Cingular, man big mistake. My bills were $300 and it was just my phone with data plans and my wifes phone. They'll charge you for everything. So I cut my contract short paid it off and went back to T-Mobile. I had an unlocked Treo from Cingular and it worked perfectly with T-mobile.
    i carried a SK2 and a Cingular samsung for quite some time. cing for voice, sk for data, but there was the constant data outages. thats what pushed me to go Treo to have all in one device on the carrier i preferred, Cingular. so much happier than my SK1 and SK2 days.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Quote Originally Posted by koche005
    I'm planning for the future. I've written T-Mo that if they didn't get one of the new GSM Treos I would jump ship. I have a family plan with 3 lines and unlimited data (which I use a lot). No response to my email, although a customer service rep tried to sell me on a new WM PDA they're bringing out Feb 13. I told them no thanks. (I was calling to see when my contract is up -- next month).

So, I like T-Mo customer service, unlimited data plan and I've been happy with the coverage. I even roamed to Australia and they helped be unlock my Treo 600 so I could use both my roaming and a local sim while there.

If T-Mo doesn't pick up a Palm Treo this year, should I jump ship to Cingular or try an unlocked GSM unit?
    Back when there were still rumors that TMO would offer the 650 after completing internal network testing (hahaha) I called them (rather than writing) and asked how much it would cost me to terminate my relationship with them. When they asked why, I told them they were the only major carrier who did not offer the 650 and that the phone was more important to me than the carrier. After hearing this, the rep offered $150 credit on my account plus extra minutes (if I agreed to one more year) so I could ease the cost of purchasing an unlocked, unsubsidized GSM 650. It did not make me entirely whole, but it allowed me to stay with TMO and have an inexpensive unlimited data plan compared to other carriers.

Now my wife wants a 650 so I am considering called TMO and asking for the credit once again, but it has not been a whole year yet, so we'll see hwo it goes.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I like this idea! I want to wait for the 700p, but I'll let you know if it works. I spend about $120 per month with them, so you would think they'd go for it.