1.    #1  
    I just received my latest bill from Cingular and noticed the GPRS data usage was 165 megabytes. Whoa!

I want to raise the question to all of you out there in TC. What is the biggest amount of usage you have ever racked up on either cingular or T-Mo ?
    I average about 50 Mb per month. My high water mark was 84 Mb.

Dunc
    Tmobile 696mb last month.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Tmobile 696mb last month.
    You must be online ALL THE TIME! What do you use it for?
    T-Mobile
    29.3293 MBs in Nov - Dec

Only 17 MBs Dec - Jan.

I only missed 100 MBs by like 500K during my Jan - Dec term!

I think it was Chatter that made a difference.
    Last edited by chrisfoster; 02/21/2006 at 03:56 PM.
    -- Go Illini!
    I do between 400-500 MBs per month on Cingular. Shoutcast at 96 kbps while at the gym is the pimary culprit.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    285MB for me on grandfathered Cingular Media Works unlimited.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    One month on Cingular i got up to around 250MB in a month...
    4-5 MB/mo on T-Mobile
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I too have the grandfathered MW... and my max has been in the 16mb... I am SURE to top that this month (already have 11mb)...

Paranoid about my usage BUT so far so good... and It will be increasing =)
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    For those of you with heavy usage (250 MB and up) that are on Cingular, what data plan are you on - MeadiaNet unlimited or the PDA unlimited plan. I'm just switching to Cingular and have been using around 250 MB per month on an AT&T PDA unlimited plan and am curious whether that will raise any red flags on the MediaNet unlimited plan on Cingular.
    Quicknews- downloads podcasts at night
    Chatter-
    Web
    Shoutcasts-Ptunes
    MMS
    That's all I can think of for now. Oh BTW I used 988.8 mb last month
    I got a $6,000 bill for data usage one month... don't know how much MB. Seems unlimited Internet was incorrectly deleted from my account.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I did 150 megs last month...On the grandfathered unlimited and am glad to hear others have done more and not gotten kicked off the plan for being on a on Media Works with a PDA.
    749.0804, on T-Mobile

http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...es/biggrin.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghileman
    I do between 400-500 MBs per month on Cingular. Shoutcast at 96 kbps while at the gym is the pimary culprit.
    I do about the same amount of data on Cingular as well... mostly email and IM, with a smidge of web too. My peak was over 1GB (no kidding), but just one especially busy month.
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman
    For those of you with heavy usage (250 MB and up) that are on Cingular, what data plan are you on - MeadiaNet unlimited or the PDA unlimited plan. I'm just switching to Cingular and have been using around 250 MB per month on an AT&T PDA unlimited plan and am curious whether that will raise any red flags on the MediaNet unlimited plan on Cingular.
    I could probably get away with MediaNet... but I had problems with my VPN setup working over NAT. So I pay the extra for PDA Unlimited Data.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    I got a $6,000 bill for data usage one month... don't know how much MB. Seems unlimited Internet was incorrectly deleted from my account.
    I received a $2000 bill from Cingular last month. After I stopped laughing, I called them and they finally admitted to a "billing issue".