1.    #1  
    When i press answer on the call waiting it does not transfer the call i am on to hold and pick up the incoming. Sometimes it goes to VM other times it appears to connect both call together but disconnects the incoming call. anyone else experienc similar. THis all started after 1.17 update.
  2.    #2  
    under call preferences...disable call waiting i an option. i have disabled call waiting.
    Sorry - confused now, are you wanting Call Waiting? If so, why disable it?

Call Waiting on mine is on, if I answer calls while on a first call, all works just as it should and I can swap between the two calls. I think I have the option to join the calls too, but have never needed to do so.
  4.    #4  
    i want it to work but since i cannot make it work i have disabled it.

What version software r u running? I am using Blue 1.17.
    Cingular Branded: 1.17-CNG / 1.51 Hardware A
    works fine for me
    1.17 CNG
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Mine works fine, with cingular 1.17
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
  8.    #8  
    I have 1.17 CNB. I wonder if the B is different from the G version.