1.    #1  
    Just picked up a used Treo 650. It is a Cingular phone (has cingular graphics) but it will not work with my Cingular SIM card. There is an AT&T wireless card in it and it seems to work with that. The kid at the Cingular store didnt know why... I reset the system and there are no passwords installed. Anyone know how to get this to work with Cingular? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Cingular phones have three different ROM's.....my guess is that each one goes with their different networks. If memory serves, the AT&T network is blue (CNB) and the Cingular network is Orange (CNG). That probably leaves CNA for somebody else they bought

It would seem you have an AT&T (blue) phone. This phone then has the CNB version of ROM in it. You seem to be trying to put an "orange" (CNG) SIM in a "blue" phone. I searched the web for any info on CNB vs CNG but came up dry so I am just taking a shot in the dark here. I would suggest that you call 1-866-cingular and ask them directly. I would imagine you then can either:

1. Exchange your SIM for one that works with the phone.
    2. Do a ROM update to switch to the correct phone.
    3. Reply to this message and tell me that Cingular dude thinks that I must be on some really good drugs to suggest any of these options.
    4. Oh yeah...and if it is a lock thing Cingular will generally unlock your phone f your account is in good standing for > 3 months...assuming of course you can prove you "own" the phone.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 01/26/2006 at 09:03 PM.
    That is an ATT locked phone.

If I am correct, at the upper left hand corner, there are NO logos (pure blank)

Only way to work with cingular is to unlock the unit ~$20-$25 online
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info guys. I will unlock it and see what happens.