1.    #1  
    I have my Treo 650 with T-mobile, I love it and have no issue. Two months ago I was given a Blackberry 7250 on Verizon, hate it but its the only thing the company will pay for.

I want to still use my Treo for many online functions but looking to cut costs as I don't need to carry two "phones". Does anyone know if this is even possible? Is anybody doing this with their Treo?
    It might be possible but I would call T-mobile to find out for sure
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    The answer is no. I tried over and over. The only carrier that would give a PDA data only access was Verizon for $40 something a month..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Yes it is. I did that last year on TMO. Just ask for the data only plan as if you were using a laptop. All carriers sell pcmcia cards and they use the same sim. give them the ESN# of your Treo and just say its a laptop so they don't get confused.

Derek
    Derek

Treo 180 --> 270 --> 600 --> 650 --> 680 -- Pro ( )
    I have a data plan through Cingular.... and then I have a Cingular sim card pre-paid for phone. I never use the phone....just the data plan.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I have been informed that the data only plans for the PC Card devices are ONLY for the PC Card devices. I tried in many ways to get them to say it is ok to use the PC Card plans for a data only connection on a PDA. They all said because voice calls are possible with the device that that plan is not usable. *shrug* Plus, the data only plans look more expensive than a voice and data plan.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    tmobile has the Data only plan on the Sidekicks, although they are a totally different ballpark, i dont see why any carrier would have a problem doing a Data only plan...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"