Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Folks,

The Bottom Line is this:

1) On Sprint if you want unlimited data and SMS, Video, it's < $20 per month on on a plan that is already lower priced than what Cingular will give you. It is faster, more reliable, and does not prevent access tethered with a laptop when you travel with a VPN.

2) If you want VPN access to connect your laptop with Cingular, you need the $40/month add on plan, and the data rates are slower.

I am on Cingular now and hate it. In Boston, Verizon and Sprint have faster and cheaper data, and cover you around the area. With Cingular, you will drop calls all around Boston. Just try going to Logan Airport or take a drive down to the Cape while on a call.

Cingular charges rates like they are the best provider, but they are IN FACT the worst. Just check out JD Powers or Consumer Reports surveys. They are last in just about every market.

Glenn
    I pay $15 for my data on Cingular, no complaints here. Plus Sprint sucks in central Kentucky from all accounts of friends or co-workers who have it, so there's no way I'd switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn_Butler
    On Sprint if you want unlimited data and SMS, Video, it's < $20 per month on on a plan that is already lower priced than what Cingular will give you.
    I pay $70/mo for my wife and I to share 1100 mins and I pay $19.99/mo for unlimited data.

It is faster, more reliable, and does not prevent access tethered with a laptop when you travel with a VPN.
    Though on Sprint and Verizon a data connection does prevent you from receiving a phone call, one of the important features of any phone.

2) If you want VPN access to connect your laptop with Cingular, you need the $40/month add on plan, and the data rates are slower.
    Its $20 and the speeds are comparable.

I am on Cingular now and hate it. In Boston, Verizon and Sprint have faster and cheaper data, and cover you around the area. With Cingular, you will drop calls all around Boston. Just try going to Logan Airport or take a drive down to the Cape while on a call.

Cingular charges rates like they are the best provider, but they are IN FACT the worst. Just check out JD Powers or Consumer Reports surveys. They are last in just about every market.

Glenn
    My wife was just in Boston with her RAZR and had no issues, maybe your phone is defective. I havent had a coverage issue with Cingular anywhere in the country since a couple months after the merger. That includes DC, N and S VA, LA, NYC, W NY, FL, etc. Not to mention London, Paris, Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12