1.    #1  
    Ok, know I need all new hardware.. Damn Cingular.. Including my Treo 650.. Well I did not want to give it up.. I luckily had a friend give me his Cingular Branded Treo because his company switched to Blackberry..

So.. I call Cingular and make the switch.. I take the 2100 minute Family Rollover, Comes with additional phone and I add 2 more phone for a total of 4.
    I tell the agent I HAVE a Cingular Treo and just need SIM. She takes all my info including the IMEI # and says.. Ok.. you will get 3 new flip phones and a SIM for your Treo...

I also purchased the $44.95 Unlimited PDA plan with it..

A day later I realize how stupid I was.. I should have taken the 4 new phones and simply added the $19.99 MediaNET to my phone.. Then shortly after I get it, I can pull the SIM out and put it in my Treo..

So as luck would have it.. The Cingular TARD calls me today and says they cannot enable my "BLACKBERRY" phone on that Data Plan.. and I need to call them

SO...my story is going to be.. OK FINE.. Just send me the 4th free phone and add the unlimited $19.99 mediaNET to it..

Is this going to work??? Will my new Cingular Treo accept the new sim just fine?are there other settings?
    Last edited by blackvette; 01/10/2006 at 07:33 PM.
    the cingular branded Treo should have all the mediaNet setting. I think the PDA plan uses a different username and APN.

Just make sure in the network prefs it is set to

usename: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    password: CINGULAR1

caps is important there.

apn to wap.cingular

just call and cancel the PDA plan and gsign up for the unlimited mediaNET on your free phone. It should work without any hitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Ok, know I need all new hardware.. Damn Cingular.. Including my Treo 650.. Well I did not want to give it up.. I luckily had a friend give me his Cingular Branded Treo because his company switched to Blackberry..
    I'm not sure if you still have your Cingular Blue Treo...but if you do you can simply unlock it at unlockcellular.com and install the Cingular Orange SIM card into it and use it. That will only csot you $24 versus buying a new Treo. Just a thought.