1.    #1  
    Is there any GSM provider that will provide EDGE on my Treo 650 with no contract and a cheap plan?

I looked at the options and it seems I can do:
    Tmobile Basic - $19.99 + $5.99 unlimited Web access
    or
    Tmobile sidekick - $1/day prepaid

Lowest plan cingular has is $40/month+$20 for unlimited web!
    I "may" be able to get the business 11 plan: 9.99 month/ no minutes + $19.99 unlimited web

Problem is that I both carriers want a 1yr contract despite the fact that I already have a phone. Is there any cheaper plans to get internet access or ways to get without a contract?

T-mobile's sidekick pricing at $1 seems pretty ok.

I thought about looking around for people that are switching off t-mobile or cingular on their expired plan but not sure where to look. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    The only provider I found that does data without voice (on a smartphone)was Verizon.. Now, you CAN do a $40 data plan with the Treo 700w.. You'll just have to buy a new Treo.

Edit: To clarify, you can buy data cards without voice. Just that the data plans for those run around $80 at Verizon (last time I checked)..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    I think the data only plans for the PC Cards for Verizon & Sprint are down to about $60/month
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    $80 for unlimited Laptop access for Cingular (err, well, $60 for a limited time).. Verizon's is $60 for a limited time, if you sign up for a two year agreement.. Blah.. T-Mobile may not be the fastest, but hey, you can get 1500 minutes voice AND unlimited data for $50.. *shrugs*
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!