1.    #1  
    I need to change my plan so i can get more minutes. Heres my question... I have the old MediaNEt 19.99 unlimited internet and 1500 sms,200 mms. If i change my plan (my minutes ) do i lose the MediaNEt plan that i have? I think i read something about this last year when i got my 650. Any feedback would be great...
    thanks
    I have the same mediaNet plan as you. I was told when i got it that even if I change my voice plan it will not effect my data plan. They told me I would be "grandfathered" into the plan. That was almost a year ago, so things may have changed.

I would talk to a Cingular CS rep by phone and do the plan change. Make sure you tell them want to keep your data plan. Be firm about it. Just don't tell them you have a Treo 650. They will try to move you to the PDA data plan. If they already know you have a Treo, tell them you only use the Treo for txt msgs and very light web/email.

When I lost my nokia and bought the Treo 650, Cingular told me I had to upgrade my data plan. I told them I don't use the internet just wanted to use the phone for PDA stuff and light txt msging. Worked for me
    Quote Originally Posted by trowa
    If they already know you have a Treo, tell them you only use the Treo for txt msgs and very light web/email.
    And that'll fool them? You don't think as soon as you give them your cell / account / imei number(s) they'll know exactly how much data you use? Your data volume, and message count, gets printed on your bill so the CSR is well aware of how you use your phone.

Dunc
    You can't lose anything as that is the current price of the plan.

Actually, better that you cancel your Medianet plan if you could . Right now Cingular running a special that gives you free month (expires 01/28/06 tho)

https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunc
    And that'll fool them? You don't think as soon as you give them your cell / account / imei number(s) they'll know exactly how much data you use? Your data volume, and message count, gets printed on your bill so the CSR is well aware of how you use your phone.

Dunc
    It has worked for some people on Hofo.

I was able to keep my Unlimited Media Net plan when i bought my Treo last year. The CSR at the store told me I needed to upgrade to a PDA plan. I told them I hardly use the internet and only use it for txt msging. Which was true since the Nokia wasn't great for web browsing.

I am sure they check, but there are people on Hofo with a Treo 650 and reach GB's of data per month (due to tethering) and they are still able to keep their $19.99 unlimited plan. So who knows. It probably depends on the CSR.