1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular Unlocked Treo 650 with a TMobile SIM card in it. I am trying to get the Bluetooth DUN to work in it. I have TZones set in the preferances for the network. I can make a connection and dial up fine and get connected. However I can not browse the internet from my laptop in this configuration.

If I put my Cingular Sim back in and use the Bluetooth DUN everything works fine. I can connect and browse the internet fine.

Is there there something that I am missing here. Does this work for others?

Thanks for the help.
    Did you get this to work? I've been dying to try it, and am wondering how to start! I have a Sprint Network card ($60 month), and was wondering how this would compare to the card...

thanks, james
  3.    #3  
    I did get it to work finally. I had to change the initialization string to +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com","",0,0
    to get it to work. Once I did I connected fine.
    Thanks. I've been searching on t-mobile and Dun, and found a few other threads (like you would expect). I'm assuming you're not using a username and password and the phone number you put in to dial is *99***1# ? That's what I've dug up so far.

thanks for the config settings. Now, I'll just have to figure out where they go... In my phone, or on the laptop...
    I figured out that where it goes... In control panel, phones & Modems, I clicked on the bluetooth modem, and in the advanced tab I pasted in
    +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com","",0,0

like you did. I found a bunch of other threads with 'kinda' similar strings, but yours worked like a champ! Thanks very much!
    I personally used this setting (for MAC only, not for PC):

- http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=96245

The proxy settings on those instructions apply to PCs, the setup does not.

- CMSNeuro
    Perfect as the wing of a bird may be, it will never enable the bird to fly if unsupported by the air. Facts are the air of science. Without them a man of science can never rise. - Ivan Pavlov