1.    #1  
    Hello folks,

Apologize in advance if instructions have alreaady been posted for this but I want to know how to update my AT&T unlocked Treo 1.15CNB to 1.15/1.17CNG... I have the 1.51 hardware.

TIA!
    Why change from CNB to anything else?

The 1.17 CNB is at http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html

Look at the bottom of the page for which file to use to update the CNB phones.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    My friend's CNG gets better reception in my apartment. I need to know how to switch from CNB to CNG... Pls help.
    The different firmware's not going to make a difference. In the phone app go to Select Network and choose the "other" cingular if two are listed and see if reception/signal gets better
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    I don't see Options...Select Network... (in my CNB 1.17 phone)...
    I haven't done this .. and my motto on messing around with custom ROM is "If you have to ask .. don't."

But, I believe you have to flash to one of the beta ROMS (which doesn't care about the existing ROM version on you phone) and flash back to the ROM you want.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  7.    #7  
    Thanks! Where can I get a beta ROM?
    This is a SIM programming issue. If you don't have a 64K SIM, you should upgrade. If you do, you can try to ask customer service to tell your phone to prefer the 'Blue' network.

Flashing your phone to CNB is dangerous and won't help at all.
  9.    #9  
    I do have a 64K cingular sim card. And I want to flash to CNG, not CNB. And I prefer the 'Orange' network.

Please read carefully.
    There's a phone overlay which should enable the select network optIon. Look for the select network hack thread.

11.    #11  
    I saw that thread but did not find a link for an overlay for CNB. Is it safe to use the network hack for CNG?
    I'm pretty sure it is. You can always delete it if it doesn't work properly.

13.    #13  
    Just thought I'd share that I was able to update my 650 to CNG from CNB very easily.

I updated to 1.17CNB then used the 1.15CNG update (which didn't notice I was on CNB). Then I updated that with 1.17CNG. Worked perfectly...

-Chompion
  14.    #14  
    Also-- I haven't yet seen a remarkable service improvement from the CNB software but then again, I'm not home yet (where the service/coverage is terrible)... will keep you posted.
    I still don't think the firmware is going to make any difference as I believe it's the SIM that determines the first tower to look at and not the firmware...but good luck! Did you try the phone overlay with the network select?

16.    #16  
    I have the Cingular smartchip 64k. And I did try the phone overlay... It showed cingular twice. one of them worked but the other one said it couldn't register with the operator...

Am I on blue or orange??