1.    #1  
    According to this article, http://www.nytimes.com/2005/12/29/te.../29basics.html
    T-Mobile has the slowest data speeds of all carriers.

Article also mentions the Treo 650.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    it is good for me. I'd rather keep tmobile then switch. I can't afford anyone else
    Fine with me, twice as fast as dial up or more. You go with what you can afford. Right now Verizon and Cingular are just too expensive for me. Sprint maybe.
    I also think ultimately it depends on what you want to do with it-the speeds are fine for me,I don't need anything blazing fast-just adequate to be productive when I'm out of the office.I remember trying to work from hotel rooms with abysmal dialup speeds,so to me this is still a vast improvement,also I do get edge speeds which makes a difference.Good value for the price,in my opinion.
    except you do internet sharing or watch internet TV, 100k should be good enough
    Verizon seemd the only one "outta the ballpark" last time I looked when it was $45. Sprint's $15 and Cingular's $20 are comparable....maybe not worth the $5 unless you frequently do larger d/l's.
    My speed tests usually come back from 50k to 70k. I wish I could get over 100k. . .

I'm on the $20 MediaNet Cingular plan. Would this be keeping me off of EDGE and using GPRS instead?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    My speed tests usually come back from 50k to 70k. I wish I could get over 100k. . .

I'm on the $20 MediaNet Cingular plan. Would this be keeping me off of EDGE and using GPRS instead?
    The equipment in the tower determines what is being broadcast/received. If it has been upgraded to EDGE then all phones that are EDGE capable within range of that tower will get EDGE. A carrier cannot turn EDGE on and off on a per-user basis.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Thanks
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.