1.    #1  
    Anyone try it out yet, on other phones aside from the treo??
    Push To Talk
    Yep, it is very cool.

It is software driven, so theoretically they can put it on any phone. I have never used Nextel, so if I list any features that they have, it is in ignorance:

Two phones available.
    o Samsung d357-bluetooth, edge, flip (way better phone). Lots of good ring tones and games available.
    o LG f7200 slider, no Bluetooth, no edge, larger screen.

You request permission to PTT to someone else. Then, when the accept, you can tell their online status:
    o Online (Yellow Smiley)
    o Online but has it on silence (Yellow circle with picture of a bell with a line through it)
    o Offline (blue circle)
    o Has not accepted your request to join PTT (green circle with two lines kinda yin/yang)

I often get PTT reception when I cannot get cell reception. Maybe it uses a different channel? The best think is that on the Samsung I can PTT using my Bluetooth headset.
  3.    #3  
    So in theory, someone could write an app to use it on the treo?? Or do you have to pay for a PTT service, like with the Nextel's..? Will a treo update ever contain this, I feel that the Treo is Cingular's only updatable phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidGallant
    Will a treo update ever contain this, I feel that the Treo is Cingular's only updatable phone.
    It would be awesome, would'nt it?

Or do you have to pay for a PTT service, like with the Nextel's..?
    Not free! Unlimited PTT for $9.99 on individual rate plans and $19.99 for family talk. So, if your family has 5 members, then that is only $3.99 per line.

So in theory, someone could write an app to use it on the treo??
    Yep, Nokia and Sony Ericsson were ready to go, but Cingular choose a different transmission protocol than either company had, so they are now retrofitting phones for 2nd-4th qtr release.