1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

By the way, I have found the forums on this website immeasurably helpful in learning about the Treo! I am planning on buying a 650 unlocked/unbranded right after the new year. I had a few questions about T-mobile plans:

- I heard that one can buy the unlimited internet plan for $19.99 per month from Tmo and have full use of the Treo 650’s features. However, there has also been mention made of a $5.99 plan (T-mobileweb) that seems to offer a good amount of features, although perhaps is less than comprehensive. Question is, will the cheaper plan enable me to browse web unlimited, send and receive google g-mail (either through the new google mobile link or through POP), and perhaps use Google Talk or IM? In other words, why should I get the expensive plan?

- I have also heard that there is some sort of proxy setup process if you use the $5.99 plan. How does one go about doing this?

- Will the $5.99 plan allow me to use the Treo 650 as a wireless Bluetooth modem for a laptop?

- What exactly is T-zones? (sorry for the newbie question…)

Thanks for your help! Have a wonderful holiday!

Mark
    Renthead74@gmail.com
  2.    #2  
    Hi everyone,

By the way, I have found the forums on this website immeasurably helpful in learning about the Treo! I am planning on buying a 650 unlocked/unbranded right after the new year. I had a few questions about T-mobile plans:

- I heard that one can buy the unlimited internet plan for $19.99 per month from Tmo and have full use of the Treo 650’s features. However, there has also been mention made of a $5.99 plan (T-mobileweb) that seems to offer a good amount of features, although perhaps is less than comprehensive. Question is, will the cheaper plan enable me to browse web unlimited, send and receive google g-mail (either through the new google mobile link or through POP), and perhaps use Google Talk or IM? In other words, why should I get the expensive plan?

- I have also heard that there is some sort of proxy setup process if you use the $5.99 plan. How does one go about doing this?

- Will the $5.99 plan allow me to use the Treo 650 as a wireless Bluetooth modem for a laptop?

Thanks for your help! Have a wonderful holiday!

Mark
    Renthead74@gmail.com
    I tried the T-Zones angle and it just didn't work for me. I switched to Unlimited and have been very happy. However, I did run into an issue with T-Mo when I switched as they claim it takes 2 days to convert so they happily billed me $34 in data usage charges while the change over occured. I had to battle with them for 2 days over that and some bullcrap that Wirefly lied to me about (highly recommended you avoid Wirefly...I wish I had Googled them first before buying from them) but I think I finally found someone that has credited it back to me.

In any event, I like T-Mo so far but the coverage and customer service has been worse than Sprint - which isn't saying much. I guess you get what you pay for...
    I would recommend the Unlimited Plan. It will just work, and if not you can call and they will help you get it to work. T-Zones is limited by design and it is not worth the hassle IMO.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Thanks for the speedy reply. What would you say are the limits to the T-zones? I'm trying to decide if the hassles are worth the $14 difference in price. If I can get through the configuration hassle and the T-zones still affords me the e-mail and browsing capabilities, then I feel I can handle that situation. Do you know if there are any consistency issues with the t-zones plans?

Also, since you're a fellow t-mo user, do you experience any difficulties with receiving phone calls while you're browsing the web?

Thanks,

Mark
    Matt,

I would really suggest searching the forums. This topic has been debated to death.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    i use the enfora sled and the cheap plan. i was actually grandfathered in on the 5 a month deal. but i love the sled and it works anywhere that a hot spot exists...almost any coffee shop. in the other cases if i just have to have a connection i use the tmobile service. i don't stream music through pocket tunes or watch mobitv. but occaisionally i like to check something on-line but rarely. i don't mind carrying the enfora with me and it's fast and free (airtime)

alan
  8.    #8  
    What is enfora?
    T-Zone is what is now the T-MobileWeb. In theory, it only allow web access via their proxy server and nothing else.

Whereas, T-Mo unlimited internet is a general internet connection allowing you to do whatever internet do.

Plenty have been said about how one can get around that and use T-MobileWeb for more then just web, but without hacking around, you can count on only web. (And certainly no POP mail)

Regarding using Treo as a modem, if you use T-Zone/T-MobileWeb, all you are connecting to is just their proxy server. You can still use your Treo as a modem, but it doesn't provide a general internet connection to do POP and other internet things.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I use 6,000 minutes/mo. and find reasonable coverage. I would be paying 2-3 times that for the premium provider and while it is definately better, it isn't that much better. T-Zones is not your answer, unlimited is great. If you have a signal you are good to go. I have used it internationally and it's a lot easier than some other connections. I have been working with PDANet which works great, it uses the 650 as a modem.
    Never underestimate the power of freedom!

Treo 600, 650, 700P and now 755P.
    <merged> please avoid crossposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by renthead74
    Hi everyone,

Wouldn't you get more info and the ease of the questions by calling TMobile yourself. They own the plan, we just "tinker" with it...
    Quote Originally Posted by renthead74
    What is enfora?
    It is in the TC store-

http://store.treocentral.com/content...59-60--400.htm