1. myc
    Maybe a noob question, but I wanted to see if I could get a straight answer:

Can I access T-Mobile's EDGE network using an unlocked Treo 650? I currently am using a 650 with T-Mo using the legacy Unlimited T-zones, and get abysmal transfer speeds. A tech I spoke today said that the 650 does not support EDGE, but I was sure I remember hearing anecdotal evidence to contrary.

What gives?

TIA

-myc
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    The short of it is the Treo 650 does support EDGE.. I have my Treo using EDGE with T-MobileWeb ($5.99).. Running an average of 72kbps.. So whoever said the Treo does not support EDGE was either clueless or a liar.
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    I am getting EDGE with legacy TZone in DC area.

Test your connection speed frequently. It varies a lot. If you consistently get low speed, either your area does not have EDGE yet or it may be down. Try testing in a few locations, like home, workplace, mall, etc.

There is nothing special to do to get EDGE. If it is there you will get it. Since T-Mobile only supports Treo 600, the support probably thought you asked about Treo 600. They read from a script anyway.
    Prio Treo
    Unlocked Unbranded Treo 650 on T-Mobile-T-Zone
  4. myc
    Thanks for the info! I was pretty sure that the T-Mo tech was wrong, but I didn't know if I should/could be getting EDGE speeds with a legacy t-zones plan, or if I needed to shell out $20 a month for the Internet plan they currently offer.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    TZones will work with EDGE, no sweat.. Don't bother with the $20, unless you need some other ports open for some reason..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!