1.    #1  
    Hi,

I made an exchange recently (last two days). I sent back my old phone yesterday. Of course, the refurbished one I have now has power problems. After it sits for about 30 min average (sometimes more), the power buttons don't work. Nothing I do can turn it on except reset or pull out the battery. It will even stop charging. When I woke up this morning my phone was at like 5%. It never charged that night.

I did a hard reset and didn't put any software on it and it still did this, so it's a hardware issue.

Question: Do I need to wait until my old phone arrives to them before I request a replacement for the replacement? I'm worse off with this phone and I should've waited a few days but I was trying to be efficient and now I have a phone with a hardware problem.
    I would not wait, you are paying for the service, are you not?
  3.    #3  
    I didn't say I wanted to wait; I asked if I need to wait. I wanted to know some someone with this experience or similar if you have to wait until they received the one you sent back before they send another.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I have had similar issues with "refurb" phones some Cingular and EVERY time (twice) I have requested a refurb before they received the refurb (or my previous) Treo.

Like rombo said, i wouldn't hesitate, give 'em a call and they'll probably get another refurb right out to you no questions asked. Just be sure to explain to the warranty exchange rep what you told us.

Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by spiVeyx
    ... <snip> ... Like rombo said, ... <snip> ...
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    I was just clarifying
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    I didn't say I wanted to wait; I asked if I need to wait. I wanted to know some someone with this experience or similar if you have to wait until they received the one you sent back before they send another.
    You do not need to wait. I am the king of warranty exchanges since I have had about 10 now. The one I have now is great and is FINALLY working like it should. At one point I had three phone in my posession as I was in the process of returning them. If the thing is not working call them now and they will have a replacement to you with return labels within 2 days.