1.    #1  
    I had been using Cingular Treo 650 for two week without any problems. Then I saw an update at the Palm webpage "Treo650-1.17-CNG" and upgrated it from "Treo650-1.15-CNG". Then the problems began with the phone. The voice quality became worse (even if using VolumeCare). The phone drops calls after few minute. Sometimes I loose the voice only, or the voice gets so badly that I hardly understand. Sometimes (almost every second call) I get a call, but the other party does not hear me at all.

Is the updtae so bad, or my phone is broken?
    The PDA works without problems.
    Haven't heard of those issues with the update. You may want to back everything up with a backup program if you have one (if not a hotsync is ok too) then do a hard reset and see if the phone exhibits the same behavior. If it works fine without any 3rd party sw installed then some software conflict might be causing the issue.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    There is a thread about the update and many did record problems. I can't find the thread, though. But because of all the problems reported, I may not download this update.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm having some of the same problem (the worse being the voice quality and droping calls) with the recent update. Did the hard Reset work?
    I have the CNB version of 1.17 and I could not be happier. I have had no resets, volume volume is much better and the clarity is great. Also the Versamail update resolved ALL of my Activesync issues. This by far was the best update from Cingular for the 650 IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markstep
    I had been using Cingular Treo 650 for two week without any problems. Then I saw an update at the Palm webpage "Treo650-1.17-CNG" and upgrated it from "Treo650-1.15-CNG". Then the problems began with the phone. The voice quality became worse (even if using VolumeCare). The phone drops calls after few minute. Sometimes I loose the voice only, or the voice gets so badly that I hardly understand. Sometimes (almost every second call) I get a call, but the other party does not hear me at all.

Is the updtae so bad, or my phone is broken?
    The PDA works without problems.
    I upgraded to 1.17 and noticed that my Bluetooth headset responds immediately when I dial a call or receive one. In the past, I had to press the "Talk" button once on my headset to wake it up for a call. Now, it responds automatically. Definitely a needed fix.

Then, last week when I was Christmas shopping, I noticed that the sound quality on my handset was very low in volume. I had it maxed out and still calls were hard to hear. I've since installed VolumeCare and its MUCH improved now. But, that appears to be a problem with the new 1.17 fix.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    My Treo screen gets frozen once in a while ever since I upgraded my phone from 1.15 to 1.17. Haven't encountered much crashes except when I first have to setup my Versamail after upgrading the firmware. The voice quality was way better and the dialpad keys responded much faster when dialing extra numbers (like extensions, voicemail password, etc). I'm yet to get VolumeCare. I haven't had the chance to test it in a very noisy environment (although I live in NYC and firetruck/ambulance sirens are freakin' loud), I still manage to continue my conversations with no problems.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
  8. GFW
    I upgraded to 1.17-CNB (I guess that's for previous AT&T Wireless users). The sound quality didn't change much, except that there is a click every few seconds. Also, when the Treo is in sleep mode (or at least the screen is off), the screen will flash momentarily every 30-45 seconds. Has anyone experienced this?