1.    #1  
    OK i know Cingular recently unveiled it's 3G answer to Verizon's EV-DO but I was shocked to learn they didn't include the biggest city in the world as one of it's first cities. Anyway, when is HSDPA going to be available to me in New York and will the Treo "Hollywood" be compatible? Thanks.
    The common thought about no 3G in NYC is due to capacity issues. Cingular needs to find more bandwidth for NYC. They need time to sort out all the ATT towers and find the extra bandwidth to upgrade to UMTS/HSDPA.

We can expect to see 3G in NYC sometime in early/mid 2006.

No one knows what "hollywood" will have, since everything is just rumors and speculations.
    Also, company tend to use smaller market to flush out issues before deploying it wide.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    OK i know Cingular recently unveiled it's 3G answer to Verizon's EV-DO but I was shocked to learn they didn't include the biggest city in the world as one of it's first cities. Anyway, when is HSDPA going to be available to me in New York and will the Treo "Hollywood" be compatible? Thanks.
    Not to nitpick, but NYC is not even in the top 10 biggest cities in the world:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762524.html

NYC is 13, but it is the largest in the USA.
    Carl
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlGalgano
    Not to nitpick, but NYC is not even in the top 10 biggest cities in the world:

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0762524.html

NYC is 13, but it is the largest in the USA.
    well my friend, you are nitpicking
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Actually, Sitka, Alaska is the largest city in the USA. And it's not getting it either.
    Actually, Sitka, Alaska is the largest city in the USA. And it's not getting it either.
    what the hell r u talking about?
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about