1.    #1  
    I can't for the life of me find out on Cingular.com, once I login, how to upgrade my data plan. I'd like to go from the Unlimited Mediaworks to the 44.99 PDA package. What are the steps to do this online, or do I have to call this in? (BTW, I did do a search here).
    I tried as a new customer, the plan displayed to me is labeled as Data Connect Unlimited for $39.99 as shown below:

====================
    Data Connect for PDAs
    With Data Connect you can browse the Internet and access e-mail from your PDA device.
    Data Connect 5MB $19.99/month
    Data Connect 10MB $24.99/month
    Data Connect 20MB $34.99/month
    Data Connect Unlimited $39.99/month
    None
    ====================
    Is there any page on Cingular.com that tells you what is included in the PDA Connect plan? I have searched all over their site and all I can find is what ronbo2000 posted.

I'm a little frustrated because I had Sprint's data package for $19.99 unlimited each month and my Cingular rep told me that the MediaNet unlimited plan at $19.99 with Cingular would be the same thing. Got my phone yesterday and tried to connect to the Internet this morning...no dice. Called Customer Service and they told me that I would need the $39.99 PDA Connect unlimited plan to have the same connectivity.

$20 more per month is a non-trivial amount of $$ to me and I don't know if that even includes unlimited SMS, etc
    It only includes data (i.e. using the Web.) There are no messages included with the PDA Connect plan.

Media Net is not meant for PDAs.
    So you are saying that if you have a Treo 650 w/Cingular that you have to pay $39.99 just for data PLUS another $10-20 depending on how many SMS messages you need to send each month????

That is a complete rip-off if so! Sprint was selling everything for $20 per month for my Treo and my Cingular rep told me that was the same for my new service with them
    That about sums it up.

The Cingular rep. was wrong.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 12/12/2005 at 10:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    It only includes data (i.e. using the Web.) There are no messages included with the PDA Connect plan.

Media Net is not meant for PDAs.
    That's true. I called Cingular before I purchased my Treo and told me the same thing. But when I purchased it, the person signed me up with the Media Works plan that includes 1000 text messaging and unlimited MMS for $19.99. I can access the web and get my email using Versamail. It somehow works with mine flawlessly.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Media Net and Media Works plans will work with the Treo. That's not the issue.

However, they are not meant for PDAs and using one with a Treo runs the risk of being charged for excess data. Cingular reps. are not suposed to add Media Net and Media Works plans to accounts which are using PDA devices.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    That's true too because you're limited to 5mb of data use only. I don't browse much on the net because I'm on the compluter pretty much everyday. But checking my email on the go is pretty nifty, especially when you're in a very boring event, etc. :-) It's more a personal preference I guess.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    That about sums it up.

The Cingular rep. was wrong.
    Imagine that! A cingular rep that does not know his/her @ss from a hole in the ground! ;-)
    Last month I ask Cingular to sign me up for the unlimited internet that they advertise for 19.99 and they signed me up for a media net package for that price. I called back and complained and the next rep "corrected" the error and changed it to unlimited internet for that price. This month I was hit by a large bill for exceeding my 5 meg allowance. I called to complain and the rep explained that the previous 2 people I have spoken to didn't know what they were talking about and that unlimited internet for my treo 650 would run me 44.99. I couldn't find any of this on their website. I cancelled my data plan, He credited my overages, and I will most certainly ask several times about things like this when my plan expires.
    Sounds like you got the 5 MB Media Works plan not the $19.99 unlimited Media Net Plan. Big difference.