1.    #1  
    I am deathly afraid of losing my precious "unlimited internet + gobs of text messages for $20 a month" plan for Cingular- or whatever it's official name is. My question is, if I was forced into changing my plan (and being forced to upgrade to a much more expensive data plan), couldn't I just call Cingular later and have them replace the expensive plan with the $20 plan? I know it's for non-smartphones, but I have an N-Gage QD that I could tell them it's for. Does this idea hold water?
    I used their web site to add plans (back in Feb 2005). You could try that.

The problem is that they no longer offer the plan that you and I have ("unlimited internet + gobs of text messages for $20 a month"). So, if you lose that, they may not be able to add that to the next plan even if they wanted to ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Well, I looked yesterday at data plans for a Motorola v551 (which I'm assuming has the same data plan setup as every other non-smartphone), and that plan was available. I could be wrong, I'll take another look.
    I think that 19.99/mo will get you unlimited internet access but doesn't include the SMS and MMS anymore.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    Bada bing, bada boom.

This is what was on the site today.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...edia_works.jpg
    Problem is, you can't buy both Media Net and Media Works together, so either you get lots of data and no SMS/MMS, or lots of SMS/MMS and limited data.
  7.    #7  
    Well, um, err.... crap. Well, I NEED internet, I don't use SMS all that much, so that's the choice I'll have to make.
    You can buy them separately. $20 for data, $5 for 200 SMS, and $3 for 20 MMS.